RE4 help - possible spoilers - URGENT!

hey,

i'm stuck at the church. there's a round hole in the door that looks
like something could fit there.

round the back there's a dial you can turn 3 or 4 notches at a time.

can someone give me a hint - NOT A COMPLETE WALKTHROUGH - as how to find
which symbols i need to light up.

ie: have i missed something earlier that would explain the symbols?

thanks.

Go to the cemetery, look at the headstones that have a double symbol, should
look like a M, a V, and a S
rotate the dial to highlight these symbols

Scott45