Sign in with
Your question

Gaming PC build, suggestions please

Last response: in Systems
August 13, 2011 9:08:42 PM

Hello, My budget is 1100 Canadian dollars and i have some key components to my build already but if u feel there might be something better to add that will overall fit in please suggest it.

Processor: Intel I5 2500k(Personally i wanna get this to 4.5hgz atleast)

Mother Board: ASUS P8P67 PRO(The reason why im going pro is to have sly support so one day i can get another 570 without needing to spend loads of money,)

Graphic Card: GTX 570

Cooler: Coolmaster Hyper 212+(I heard this is a good cooler, as in good enough for 4.5ghz and its pretty cheap)

Those are the only parts that i know. I know nothing else about what PSU/RAM//hardrive i would need. I don't need a moniter/Mouse/Keyboad or speakers. Please help away.
August 13, 2011 10:26:36 PM

Id recommend an i7 2600k, but then you't also need a different mobo. Just get any reasonably priced ddr3 at a speed the mobo is compatible with and ram with good reviews :D 

HDD I would recommend Wester digital caviar black, 64mb cache min, any size, bigger is better. Any Corsair PSU would do, at least 600w. But if you want to sli, get the 1000w, You will probably be able to use it for your next pc build too.
August 13, 2011 11:45:01 PM

Quote:
Hello, My budget is 1100 Canadian dollars and i have some key components to my build already but if u feel there might be something better to add that will overall fit in please suggest it.

Processor: Intel I5 2500k(Personally i wanna get this to 4.5hgz atleast)

Mother Board: ASUS P8P67 PRO(The reason why im going pro is to have sly support so one day i can get another 570 without needing to spend loads of money,)

Graphic Card: GTX 570

Cooler: Coolmaster Hyper 212+(I heard this is a good cooler, as in good enough for 4.5ghz and its pretty cheap)

Those are the only parts that i know. I know nothing else about what PSU/RAM//hardrive i would need. I don't need a moniter/Mouse/Keyboad or speakers. Please help away.

Looks like you are set thats a pretty darn good setup ;-) good luck! dont cheap out on the cooler though, i would recommend you read www.hardocp.com they have some pretty good cooler reviews. there even are some ready made water cooling kits out there that are very good, though i would prefer to stick with a solid heat sink and big fan.
Related resources
August 14, 2011 1:34:25 AM

Quote:
Id recommend an i7 2600k, but then you't also need a different mobo. Just get any reasonably priced ddr3 at a speed the mobo is compatible with and ram with good reviews :D 

HDD I would recommend Wester digital caviar black, 64mb cache min, any size, bigger is better. Any Corsair PSU would do, at least 600w. But if you want to sli, get the 1000w, You will probably be able to use it for your next pc build too.

hmm i thought about getting an 17 2600k but then i heard that games don't really use hyperthreading and i heard that the i5 2500k performs 97% as well as the 2600k. Thanks for your input so i should search up RAM that is compatabilty with my mobo? not very good at this stuff would 6 also be sufficient enough for gaming? i heard 8 is kinda overkill and 4 might be 2 low i heard 6 is sweet spot but idk. gota be sure lol

Thanks for all your inputs feel free to help out some more
August 14, 2011 4:17:28 AM

The hyper 212 is a great heatsink; I love mine
August 14, 2011 12:51:58 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Video Games to section Systems by Mousemonkey
!