Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard does not start up with processor

Last response: in CPUs
November 12, 2011 6:16:32 AM

Hello friends, I have a motherboard ASUS P5E-VM-D/O with intel socket 775. i'am having a problem with this for few months..when i power up it doesn't start, but when i remove the processor(core 2 duo 3.0, 6MB cache) and then i power up, it starts, all the fans work. green LED always lights.. i did same with another processor Dual Core..but i faced same problem..plz someone help me, engineers couldn't help me...!!
a c 186 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 12, 2011 6:31:39 AM

Are all teh cables plugged in?
m
l
November 19, 2011 4:51:57 AM

Yes, every cable is plugged in properly and RAM too...!!
even Buzzer doesn't beep for any error...!!
m
l
Related resources
a c 186 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 19, 2011 2:20:44 PM

It might be defective ram, but are you SURE all of the power cables from your psu are plugged in? 6pin etc.
m
l
November 20, 2011 3:55:50 AM

amit pradhan said:
Hello friends, I have a motherboard ASUS P5E-VM-D/O with intel socket 775. i'am having a problem with this for few months..when i power up it doesn't start, but when i remove the processor(core 2 duo 3.0, 6MB cache) and then i power up, it starts, all the fans work. green LED always lights.. i did same with another processor Dual Core..but i faced same problem..plz someone help me, engineers couldn't help me...!!

have u check the compatibility of board with processor. iF correct compatiblity, then try with another ram. maximum ram failure
m
l
November 21, 2011 4:23:44 AM

yes sir, absolutely everything has been checked.. even engineers have checked...
m
l
November 21, 2011 4:27:04 AM

I've two RAMS 1x2GB...Samsung and Lotus..these are working very good with my another motherboard...i also checked by setting up these RAMs one by one...!! but no result :( 
m
l
November 21, 2011 4:31:58 AM

yes Sir absolutely Processor is compatible.. Motherboard has Intel LGA Socket 775... (Both are compatible Core 2 Duo 3.0 and Dual Core 2.5), i've tried both of these.. had no result. but these both are working very good with my another Motherboard Asus P5SD2VM
m
l
November 22, 2011 4:04:29 AM

amit pradhan said:
yes Sir absolutely Processor is compatible.. Motherboard has Intel LGA Socket 775... (Both are compatible Core 2 Duo 3.0 and Dual Core 2.5), i've tried both of these.. had no result. but these both are working very good with my another Motherboard Asus P5SD2VM

I have few questions for u my friend, are u using rams with 800 mhz or 667 mhz speed. if ur ram is above 800 mhz it means if ur ram is 1066mhz then ur board doesn't support that stick. and if u put two ram dimms in both sockets, the two rams must be same speed it means both should be 800mhz or 667mhz.

If u sure ur ram is 800 or 667 not 1066 then check the CMOS battery some times it will dead before u purchase the board. try replacing the CMOS battery with new one still u didn't get any thing.

Simply return the board to asus service center and order them to fix the problem.

and make sure u are using ddr2 ram not ddr3 or ddr(ddr = ddr1)

last but not least check the processor fan is not blocked by any power cables. cause if the processor fan is not rotationg or not working then u are not perfectly pluged all the conections. If the fan above the processor is running ur pc will boot. :sol:  :sol:  :sol: 
m
l
November 27, 2011 3:07:27 AM

Hi friend, Actually Board supports the 1066mhz RAM, http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5EVM...

but i'm using 667mhz (both)....i wanna tell you u something, it's not new board, I've worked for a year with it with the same configuration...one day i was working with it, suddenly it got shut-down (just like i switched-off the UPS) with no message or error...after the incident when i tried to start, it did not start,even didn't show any screen.. till now it doesn't work but when i press the power-up button all the fans try to start but junk...!! beside it when i remove the Processor and then i power-up all the fans run well...!!! I've replaced CMOS Battery too....!!

i've a doubt with the board, can it be possible that CPU Socket was out of work(not working)...????
if i'm right how to check it....??? and can it be replaced...??
m
l
December 5, 2011 4:33:45 AM

amit pradhan said:
Hi friend, Actually Board supports the 1066mhz RAM, http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5EVM...

but i'm using 667mhz (both)....i wanna tell you u something, it's not new board, I've worked for a year with it with the same configuration...one day i was working with it, suddenly it got shut-down (just like i switched-off the UPS) with no message or error...after the incident when i tried to start, it did not start,even didn't show any screen.. till now it doesn't work but when i press the power-up button all the fans try to start but junk...!! beside it when i remove the Processor and then i power-up all the fans run well...!!! I've replaced CMOS Battery too....!!

i've a doubt with the board, can it be possible that CPU Socket was out of work(not working)...????
if i'm right how to check it....??? and can it be replaced...??

it is very simple, ur board is dead. If u have warantee then send it service centre. :sol:  :sol:  :sol: 
m
l
December 7, 2011 2:24:42 PM

I know friend that its dead now, and having no more warranty...it was my last try...!!
m
l
!