Lighting strike and my graphics card

RightHandMan

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
Hey guys, so this just happened about an hour ago, and before I did something really stupid I decided I would ask you guys.

I have a evga gtx 570. Whenever I try to turn on my computer it starts up fine, I checked the debug panel on my motherboard and everything is loading up fine, except I cant get anything on my monitor. I use both of the dvi's on the back of my card and they just aren't working.

At first I was worried it was the monitors; but I checked them on a different computer and they are fine. The graphics card powers up, fan spins and looks fine but ziltch from the outputs. Is there anything I can do, because lightning strikes aren't included in warranty and uh. I don't have the cash to buy a new one.

Please help!

do you have onboard video to try? if you turn the speakers on does it make all the usual windows sounds as if it is booting up? Seriously, just return it if its faulty, they are not going to know if it has been struck by lightning. If it really was struck by lightning your whole PC would be a smouldering mess.