[Question] on triple monitor setup.

Lunat1c

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
Ok I bought one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130659 and am planning on getting a second one at the end of the month. This is my first build and all parts have been received except for the GPU. Im just wondering on how to set up 3 monitors, i have been told that all 3 will go into one GPU (ok i get that part), But do I hook them all up to the DVI ports or do I hook one up to the HDMI and the other 2 to the DVI or is there a way to get all 3 to connect to HDMI with and adapter or something? :pfff:

Lunat1c

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
That card says it doesn't have a HDMI slot, only 1x Display Port and 3x DVI ports

so you would need 3x DVI to HDMI converters >_<
O yeah my bad, I returned a Sapphire HD 6950 (which had 1 HDMI and 3 DVI) for the new card linked above. can you link me the correct adapter i would need for the 3 monitors please?

Lunat1c

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011
yea those would be what you want to have all 3 monitors running in quality :D

would be silly to buy 3x 1080p monitors when you can only hook 1 up straight to hdmi (for most cards like the 6950 i own lol) then you have to pay a whole wopping $30 more to run the others in hdmi lol and that is if you have 2 dvi ports XD

Dont see why the 590 wouldn't come with hdmi ports lol..

its like 2.8x > than a single 6950 lol..

for $900 you would think it would come with a bag of dro and a 4ft bong lol and it makes you sammiches on demand... or atleast 1x hdmi connection...

is that really to much to ask lol.. I would say toss out the dvi port for hdmi port any day.. but that is my opinion which clearly doesn't matter to nvidia >_<

HD 1080p monitor running on DVI = silly

Thank you for the help, I ordered the adapters..