seko512

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008
hello there
this is my PC setup:
FX-8120
Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 ( updated to latest stable BIOS F9)
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 CL9 Dual Channel Memory Kit

the problem is that the RAM is running now @ 1333
http://i49.tinypic.com/kdskty.png
i want it ro run @ 1600
i tried from the bios and when i set it to 1600 the pc refuse to boot and take some time before it boot and return to 1333
i even tried a ready memory profile set @ 1600 and the same problem happean :S
there is a solution please ?

johnnyxp64

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008

hi there i hope you can read this soon and reply, i bought the exact same mobo 1 week ago, and the exact same rams, i habe latest bios which by now is F11 if i recall correctly, but i have the exact same issue as you, i know that my CPU can handle it, but the systems refuses to work at 1600 the Rams, at 1333 flyis, in 1600 restarts all the time.

nothing in manual settings worked, so can you be more specific in which option exactly are you refairing that worked with your memories?

what bios memmory profile? cant find something like that?

any change you post a photo? or the instruction how to go there?

eg. bios menu -> MIT -> then in there, -> slect that etc...

please this is very important for me too :)

johnnyxp64

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008

hi there i hope you can read this soon and reply, i bought the exact same mobo 1 week ago, and the exact same rams, i habe latest bios which by now is F11 if i recall correctly, but i have the exact same issue as you, i know that my CPU can handle it, but the systems refuses to work at 1600 the Rams, at 1333 flyis, in 1600 restarts all the time.

nothing in manual settings worked, so can you be more specific in which option exactly are you refairing that worked with your memories?

johnnyxp64

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008

seko512

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2008

ok man i will help u and i hope that it will go well
for me i have the bios F9 (F11 is a btea bios btw)
got menu -> MIT -> u will find something called ram profiles or something like this
go to it and choose profile 1 and press f10 and restart
that worked for me hope to be the same with you
i'am waiting for ur results

johnnyxp64

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
hi there sorry for the 3post this pages sucks

now, i found what you said MIT->DDR E.O.C.P -> selected Profile 1

didnt worked :(

i can see teh memmory as unganged at 1600, but windows refuse to boot, BSOD.

i will stick with the 1333 for now, after all i dont think i can see any difference, since i am using SSD for my system and its lighting fast....

the f11c bios that i have doesnt say beta, :/ but i will may give it a shoot later when a new bios come out.....

thanks a lot for your time. maybe there is also a compination of over volatage or something...hmm i dont know.... we will see

thanks again