Testing GPU to the nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeechester

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
what would be the ultimate test for a GPU... i want to make sure this GPU is stable... furmark... 3d mark 11... umm prime 95?? super pi?? i dunno.. or a game... anything that i can test it out on..i want something that will test my GPU 4 hours on end...

Solution
Prime95 and SuperPi are designed to test the CPU. I do not know of any equivalent for the GPU.

If you have an nVidia card, some kind of CUDA benchmark might be useful. Otherwise, pick the most demanding game you have and play it. If the temps stay within limits and you don't get any visual artifacts, it's good enough.
Prime95 and SuperPi are designed to test the CPU. I do not know of any equivalent for the GPU.

If you have an nVidia card, some kind of CUDA benchmark might be useful. Otherwise, pick the most demanding game you have and play it. If the temps stay within limits and you don't get any visual artifacts, it's good enough.

Solution

yeechester

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2010
well i did both prime 95 .. and furmark.. lol it made it through it... barely ;p actually the cpu rocked it :D hahaha the gpu... almost died;p 33 fps avg :D

yep teh card craps out on a game ?? LAWL its going back 4 the 3rd time hahaha.. thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.