HELP!!!!!!

douglasdarden

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
I need some help with my homework and I wanted to get a general consensus about which topic I should do and how majority of the people feel so here it is.

"Computer hardware is still a major barrier to wide use of wireless information systems"

OR

"Computer hardware is no longer a major barrier to wide use of wireless information systems"

Let me know which topic you would do and why. Please reply. Thanks in advance.

Solution

I would go with the latter statement. I really don't see how computer hardware was ever a barrier to the wide use of wireless LAN technology by mere den of the fact that wireless LAN is a form of computer hardware. If you mean hardware pricing and scarcity was a major barrier, then yes, I...

Psychoteddy

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

I would go with the latter statement. I really don't see how computer hardware was ever a barrier to the wide use of wireless LAN technology by mere den of the fact that wireless LAN is a form of computer hardware. If you mean hardware pricing and scarcity was a major barrier, then yes, I would agree. But wireless networking has done a great job of scaling alongside broadband network speeds to avoid becoming a hinderance to WAN throughput (insofar as theoretical maximum speeds are concerned). Having said all that, I don't really see how hardware in and of itself was ever a barrier to the widespread use of WLAN technologies. And, if it ever was, the advent and popularity of 802.11n has certainly eliminated any of that problem.

Solution