I get the feeling ...

Kris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I get the feeling that the GC is doomed. I bought one for my son for
Christmas and I noticed that the selection of games isn't as good as the
PS2. We own a PS2 too and so far, I prefer it over the GC. One thing I've
noticed is that if the XBOX and PS2 come out with the same game (Star Wars
Battlefront), it doesn't come out on the Gamecube. Weird. Why is that ? And
no Dragonball Budokai 3 either ? And they JUST came out with Budokai 2 ?
Odd. And again, it's just a feeling, but it just seems like the system is
doomed - especially with the PS3 coming out soon. Am I crazy ? I know this
is pretty much a die-hard Nintendo newsgroup, but do any of you feel this
way as well ? What does the future look like for this system ?

By they way, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III is a pretty damn good game ! Also,
can any of you make some game recommendations for my 7 year old ? Thanks in
advance,

Kris

"Kris" <kris65@bluefrog.com> wrote in message
> I get the feeling that the GC is doomed. I bought one for my son for
> Christmas and I noticed that the selection of games isn't as good as the
> PS2. We own a PS2 too and so far, I prefer it over the GC. One thing I've
> noticed is that if the XBOX and PS2 come out with the same game (Star Wars
> Battlefront), it doesn't come out on the Gamecube. Weird. Why is that ?
And
> no Dragonball Budokai 3 either ? And they JUST came out with Budokai 2 ?
> Odd. And again, it's just a feeling, but it just seems like the system is
> doomed - especially with the PS3 coming out soon. Am I crazy ? I know this
> is pretty much a die-hard Nintendo newsgroup, but do any of you feel this
> way as well ? What does the future look like for this system ?
>
> By they way, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III is a pretty damn good game !
Also,
> can any of you make some game recommendations for my 7 year old ? Thanks
in
> advance,

Kewl GC games for kids.

Any sports title (kids love sports games)
Animal Crossing
Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros.
Mario Kart Double Dash
Paper Mario
Mario Golf
Mario Tennis
Mario Party (catching on yet with all the Mario games? Yeah, this system is
really geared to the hardcore gamer *rolls-eyes*)
Luigi's Mansion (Mario's brother)
Donkey Konga (where Mario made his first appearance)
Pikimin 1 or 2
Rayman Arena
Sonic DX
Sonic Adventure 2
Sponge Bob Squarepants the Movie
Spyro
Super Monkey Ball
Wario World
Zelda WW

The words 'Nintendo' and 'Doom' are beyond old my friend. If you don't
already know that the GC is mostly aimed at hardcore gamers then their is no
hope for you.

Ice Wipe Inc. wrote:
> The words 'Nintendo' and 'Doom' are beyond old my friend. If you don't
> already know that the GC is mostly aimed at hardcore gamers then their is no
> hope for you.

He Doesn't. He did say that he owned a PS2 and JUST bought a GC. Just a
while ago to him, the world "was" pretty much navy blue letters.

"Ice Wipe Inc." <birdworm12@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> The words 'Nintendo' and 'Doom' are beyond old my friend. If you don't
> already know that the GC is mostly aimed at hardcore gamers then their is
no
> hope for you.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Thanks Todd, I needed that laugh.

That GameCube is geared for kids and people that just got to have Nintendo
exclusives only.
If you want variety (games other then Nintendo) pick up a XBox as a 2nd
system in your house.
We have 2 GameCube systems in my home and I can't remember the last time
they had power running to them.
I did run out and pick up Resident Evil 4 but so far I haven't dusted off my
GC and hooked it back up yet.
I am still waiting for people on here to give their opinions on the game
before I give it a go.

This place (GameCube NG) is like the store selection for GameCube games
Kris, a virtua ghost town

Its just like said awhile back....The GC is history! Around xmas time I went
to go look at 3 different used game stores and they were all out of used
ps2/xbox. funny this was that they ALL had plenty of GC's.

"Kris" <kris65@bluefrog.com> wrote in message
>I get the feeling that the GC is doomed. I bought one for my son for
> Christmas and I noticed that the selection of games isn't as good as the
> PS2. We own a PS2 too and so far, I prefer it over the GC. One thing I've
> noticed is that if the XBOX and PS2 come out with the same game (Star Wars
> Battlefront), it doesn't come out on the Gamecube. Weird. Why is that ?
> And
> no Dragonball Budokai 3 either ? And they JUST came out with Budokai 2 ?
> Odd. And again, it's just a feeling, but it just seems like the system is
> doomed - especially with the PS3 coming out soon. Am I crazy ? I know this
> is pretty much a die-hard Nintendo newsgroup, but do any of you feel this
> way as well ? What does the future look like for this system ?
>
> By they way, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III is a pretty damn good game !
> Also,
> can any of you make some game recommendations for my 7 year old ? Thanks
> in
> advance,
>
> Kris

Try Animal Crossing. That is a game that will addict the whole family. Any
game with Mario or Luigi should be good for a 7 year old. Don't forget to
pick up the new Resident Evil 4 for yourself. You will love it.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

"www.vectrex.nl" <vectrex@nl> wrote in message
> How long will it take before the shops only have Nintendo Revolution,
> PS3 and XBOX2 titles on the shelves? The big question is: which system
will
> win that one.

Easy

#1 PS3
#2 XBox 2
#3 Nintendo

Kris wrote:

> I get the feeling that the GC is doomed. I bought one for my son for
> Christmas and I noticed that the selection of games isn't as good as the
> PS2. We own a PS2 too and so far, I prefer it over the GC. One thing I've
> noticed is that if the XBOX and PS2 come out with the same game (Star Wars
> Battlefront), it doesn't come out on the Gamecube. Weird. Why is that ? And
> no Dragonball Budokai 3 either ? And they JUST came out with Budokai 2 ?
> Odd. And again, it's just a feeling, but it just seems like the system is
> doomed - especially with the PS3 coming out soon. Am I crazy ? I know this
> is pretty much a die-hard Nintendo newsgroup, but do any of you feel this
> way as well ? What does the future look like for this system ?
>
> By they way, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III is a pretty damn good game ! Also,
> can any of you make some game recommendations for my 7 year old ? Thanks in
> advance,
>
> Kris

if thou thinks star wars games are good thou are not worthy of the
mighty Gamcube...

Kris,
There is plenty of fun to be had with the system. Try Super Smash
Brothers. There are loads of secrets, hidden levels, all sorts of easter
eggs.....It's fairly addictive and fun.

"lighten up francis" <tellmeyou@loveme.please> wrote in message

>That GameCube is geared for kids and people that just got to have Nintendo
>exclusives only.

> Kewl GC games for kids.

(Snip List)

And obviously, if a game can be enjoyed by kids, then it must be a kiddie
game! What the hell is your problem with Nintendo? I'm 22 years old, and I
enjoy a number of the games you listed: Sonic, Wind Waker, Mario Sunshine,
Luigi's Mansion, and so on. I also own more "adult" titles for the GC:
Bloodrayne. Baldur's Gate. Eternal Darkness. Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance.
Spider-Man. X-Men Legends. Simpsons: Hit and Run. All of the Resident Evil
titles. As for my PS2, I have adult games like Psi-Ops, Manhunt, and Dead to
Rights. However, I also have Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, Ape Escape 2, and
Sonic Heroes. Yeah, Sonic on PS2 as well. Does that make the PS2 a "kiddie
system"? No, it doesn't. How about the Crash Bandicoot games? No. Each
system has it's kid games and adult games. Both systems provide FUN. To say
that the Gamecube is just for kids or "Nintendo exlusives" is ignorant and
uninformed. I'm well aware that this isn't going to change your
anti-Nintendo opinion, but I felt like voicing my opinion as well.

--
___
PR Mega X

"crystalskull" <radgamer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Its just like said awhile back....The GC is history! Around xmas time I
> went to go look at 3 different used game stores and they were all out of
> used ps2/xbox. funny this was that they ALL had plenty of GC's.

Yeah, it's hilarious that Nintendo was able to maintain a Gamecube supply
while Microsoft and Sony stumbled with production.

--

----
PR Mega X

"PR Mega" <prmega@gamebox.net> wrote in message
> "crystalskull" <radgamer@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Its just like said awhile back....The GC is history! Around xmas time I
>> went to go look at 3 different used game stores and they were all out of
>> used ps2/xbox. funny this was that they ALL had plenty of GC's.
>
> Yeah, it's hilarious that Nintendo was able to maintain a Gamecube supply
> while Microsoft and Sony stumbled with production.

Couldn't keep up with the production of the holiday bundles.

Kris wrote:
> I get the feeling that the GC is doomed. I bought one for my son for
> Christmas and I noticed that the selection of games isn't as good as the
> PS2. We own a PS2 too and so far, I prefer it over the GC. One thing I've
> noticed is that if the XBOX and PS2 come out with the same game (Star Wars
> Battlefront), it doesn't come out on the Gamecube. Weird. Why is that ? And
> no Dragonball Budokai 3 either ? And they JUST came out with Budokai 2 ?
> Odd. And again, it's just a feeling, but it just seems like the system is
> doomed - especially with the PS3 coming out soon. Am I crazy ? I know this
> is pretty much a die-hard Nintendo newsgroup, but do any of you feel this
> way as well ? What does the future look like for this system ?
>
> By they way, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III is a pretty damn good game ! Also,
> can any of you make some game recommendations for my 7 year old ? Thanks in
> advance,
>
> Kris

It's already sold too well worldwide to be "doomed" by any stretch, and
there's already too many games available for it. All of the systems are
"doomed" in the next 12-24 months, when the next-next generation starts,
anyway. Check out the GC exclusives, you've got enough to occupy your
time until then. ;)

--
Scott

Game Pilgrimage
http://users4.ev1.net/~sheath

Kris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

All good responses. Thanks to everyone !

Kris

"Scott H" <sheathx013@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Kris wrote:
> > I get the feeling that the GC is doomed. I bought one for my son for
> > Christmas and I noticed that the selection of games isn't as good as the
> > PS2. We own a PS2 too and so far, I prefer it over the GC. One thing
I've
> > noticed is that if the XBOX and PS2 come out with the same game (Star
Wars
> > Battlefront), it doesn't come out on the Gamecube. Weird. Why is that ?
And
> > no Dragonball Budokai 3 either ? And they JUST came out with Budokai 2 ?
> > Odd. And again, it's just a feeling, but it just seems like the system
is
> > doomed - especially with the PS3 coming out soon. Am I crazy ? I know
this
> > is pretty much a die-hard Nintendo newsgroup, but do any of you feel
this
> > way as well ? What does the future look like for this system ?
> >
> > By they way, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III is a pretty damn good game !
Also,
> > can any of you make some game recommendations for my 7 year old ? Thanks
in
> > advance,
> >
> > Kris
> >

> It's already sold too well worldwide to be "doomed" by any stretch, and
> there's already too many games available for it. All of the systems are
> "doomed" in the next 12-24 months, when the next-next generation starts,
> anyway. Check out the GC exclusives, you've got enough to occupy your
> time until then. ;)
>
> --
> Scott
>
> Game Pilgrimage
> http://users4.ev1.net/~sheath

"Kris" <kris65@bluefrog.com> wrote

>I get the feeling that the GC is doomed.

Um, yeah. Just like you and me or the PS3. It's not going to be around for
ever.

> I bought one for my son for
> Christmas and I noticed that the selection of games isn't as good as the
> PS2.

The selection of games isn't as vast, sure. Good? Dunno. Perhaps it is
where you are shopping? GameCube has some of best games of this generation.
Some of them.

> We own a PS2 too and so far, I prefer it over the GC. One thing I've
> noticed is that if the XBOX and PS2 come out with the same game (Star Wars
> Battlefront), it doesn't come out on the Gamecube. Weird. Why is that ?

Perhaps it is market share? It often doesn't make sense because people own
more than one system anyways.

> And
> no Dragonball Budokai 3 either ? And they JUST came out with Budokai 2 ?

Yeah, wouldn't know.

> Odd. And again, it's just a feeling, but it just seems like the system is
> doomed - especially with the PS3 coming out soon. Am I crazy ?

Nope, just kind of short sighted. PS3 coming out will doom the PS2 as well.

> I know this
> is pretty much a die-hard Nintendo newsgroup, but do any of you feel this
> way as well ? What does the future look like for this system ?

Doomed...

> By they way, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III is a pretty damn good game !

Yep.

> Also,
> can any of you make some game recommendations for my 7 year old ? Thanks
> in
> advance,

Super Smash Brothers. Mario Cart. Mario Tennis. Pokemon?

"Kris" <kris65@bluefrog.com> wrote in

> I get the feeling that the GC is doomed. I bought one for my son for
> Christmas and I noticed that the selection of games isn't as good as
> the PS2. We own a PS2 too and so far, I prefer it over the GC. One
> thing I've noticed is that if the XBOX and PS2 come out with the same
> game (Star Wars Battlefront), it doesn't come out on the Gamecube.
> Weird. Why is that ? And no Dragonball Budokai 3 either ? And they
> JUST came out with Budokai 2 ? Odd. And again, it's just a feeling,
> but it just seems like the system is doomed - especially with the PS3
> coming out soon. Am I crazy ? I know this is pretty much a die-hard
> Nintendo newsgroup, but do any of you feel this way as well ? What
> does the future look like for this system ?
>
> By they way, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III is a pretty damn good game !
> Also, can any of you make some game recommendations for my 7 year old
> ? Thanks in advance,
>
> Kris

Is the PS1 doomed? Of course - who would buy one now there are better
consoles out there.

The GC, PS2 and Xbox are all doomed - the next generation of consoles is
a year away, so each platform is as big/popular as it's going to get.

The GC will be winding down steadily.

As for PS2 vs Xbox vs GC selection.

I have all 3. I don't have many games on GC, but they're all good -
probably 4 or 5 keepers. I have had (but mostly sold) a lot of PS2 games
and all but probably 6 have been really good.

On the Xbox I've had quite a few (not as many as PS2 though) - there's
probably 3 real keeper games for it imo.

So the GC has held its own in terms of quality gaming experiences
available.

As for Starwars Battlefront - the major sell for that is online
multiplay, something that hasn't happened to any great extent on GC.

For your son - Paper Mario, Mario Sunshine, Metroid maybe, Windwaker
(OoT collectors is good too). For children, there is some really good
stuff on the GC.

toad.

CJ

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

The gamecube is a small, elegant and powerful system designed for
quality gaming not just quantity. There are plenty of good Cube games
out there that should last you a long time. Zelda and Metroid are some
of the best games available and are 'Cube only exclusives. Pokeman,
Kirby, and some Mario games would be fun for your 7 year old. If your
child has a Gameboy, these games can be played on the Gamecube using the
Gameoby player. Most of the best EA sports games are available as well.
Gamecube is definitely worth the price of a $99 system.

Kris wrote:
> I get the feeling that the GC is doomed. I bought one for my son for
> Christmas and I noticed that the selection of games isn't as good as
the
> PS2. We own a PS2 too and so far, I prefer it over the GC. One thing
I've
> noticed is that if the XBOX and PS2 come out with the same game (Star
Wars
> Battlefront), it doesn't come out on the Gamecube. Weird. Why is that
? And
> no Dragonball Budokai 3 either ? And they JUST came out with Budokai
2 ?
> Odd. And again, it's just a feeling, but it just seems like the
system is
> doomed - especially with the PS3 coming out soon. Am I crazy ? I know
this
> is pretty much a die-hard Nintendo newsgroup, but do any of you feel
this
> way as well ? What does the future look like for this system ?
>
> By they way, Star Wars Rogue Squadron III is a pretty damn good game
! Also,
> can any of you make some game recommendations for my 7 year old ?
Thanks in
> advance,
>
> Kris

Nintendo always focused on games like Mario Cart and others for the
younger Audience. While not all their titles are like this , about 80%
are for the younger crowd and this alone is going to be Gamecube's
demise.
Games like Gran tourismo, Starwars Battlefront, Halo 2, Half life 2
are where the $$$ is at. I have had the PS2 A Few years and just bought
the new version to play GT4 and mercenaries. I once tried the Gamecube
for Star wars Rogue leader when it was released and that was pretty
cool, but sold the entire system 1 month later.
Just not enough "GOOD TITLES" For older crowds.