Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Is my PSU CM GX650 bronze compitable w/ asrock z77 extreme4?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 13, 2012 3:31:00 PM

Hi to all, i am new to rig building and i have a problem with my cpu connector. It seems that one of the cpu connector socket is not the same with my z77 cpu connector. I am getting confused! really confused.... is my psu compitable with my mobo? (cooler master gx650 and asrock z77 extreme4) :pt1cable: 

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 13, 2012 9:37:41 PM

so, the the main plug to the mobo is the 24 pin one. Your PSU has a 20+4, so you have to squish them together to fit them on the mobo. Next, you have 2 4x4 connectors. You squish them together and then you have a 8 pin P4 connector (goes to the mobo as well, usually on the left side of the CPU)

Whats the problem? You have all the right connectors....

Look here:
http://www.coolermaster.com/upload/product_feature/GX65...

Good luck with your build.
August 14, 2012 9:31:33 AM

thanks Festerovic, got confused with cpu 4+4 pin because the other 4 pin from my psu is not identical with my mobo. So what i did is i leave it unplug and *ching* it did power on.

But my question is will my pc would be ok even if i did'nt plug the other 4pin cpu connector? just a little worried, this is my first build..
Score
Related resources
August 14, 2012 9:31:45 AM

Best answer selected by raymex.
Score
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
August 14, 2012 8:51:40 PM

The other 4 pin connector is to supply more power to the CPU for overclocking, and if the board is only 1 4pin, not 2, you can leave the other 4 pin alone and it will run fine. Basically, you only use it if the board has 2 4pin connectors (I think most of the boards meant for overclocking have it standard)
Score
a b à CPUs
a c 328 V Motherboard
August 15, 2012 4:32:07 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!