AMD phenom 955 HOTHOTHOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

canaduh

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Im trying to figure out why my core temps are SO hot. I'm actually scared now to keep the computer on after seeing the temperatures. I am thinking of re pasting the cpu to the heat sink... here are what they are showing...
hothothot.png

Is there something i am missing?
phenom II 955 not overclocked whatsoever. Stock cpu fan and heatsink.
4 gigs of ram, HD 5670 ultimate, stock exhaust fan with an antec pusher at the front of the case. plain jane HD and some gigabyte mobo...

If you need any more information i can gladly give it... I just don't want this thing to burn out!

Thanks in advance.

Scott.

Before paying someone perform this simple test. Open your case while your computer is running and try touching the cpu heatsink (carefully if it's really 75 deg). It might be a goofy temp sensor (unless you've monitored the temps before and they were normal).

canaduh

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
I lowered it (i had to lower it in increments) its now sitting at 1.34 (had set it to 1.35 but whatever) And also re-pasted the CPU. After re-pasting alone, it had dropped 10 degrees, and than also after lowering the voltage, it's idling around 45-47 degrees. I want to thank all of you so much :)

EDIT : Under the bios setting, it was set to automatic which was at 1.40. I reduced it by .05

canaduh

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Yeah, i was reading about after the first few thermal cycles it starts to thin out, and than expand again and "cures" (although it never truely does) and the drop in temperature after 50-200 hours can drop 3-10 degrees.

I love learning =D

asnorton44

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.