FINAL CHECK first timer build

santaclaws490

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
Alright so after weeks of reading and decision making I have decided to go with this system. Just so you know the CPU, PSU, Case, RAM, MOBO and HDD are all in one combo package from newegg.ca so I cannot change an individual item without changing the entire build, but if it doesn't click at all then lmk.

This is a NON OC build.

COMBO LINK: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.689758

CPU -- i5 2500
MOBO -- GIGABYTE GA-H67M-D2-B3
RAM -- corsair 4gb (2x2) 1333 ddr3 (I am aware the 1600 works better with the 2500, will upgrade in half a year)
PSU -- 630w RAIDMAX (the item I am most skeptical about)
HDD -- seagate barracuda 1.5TB SATA 6.0gbs
CD/DVD -- lite on black blu ray 4x... etc
CASE -- thermaltake v3

GPU -- PNY gtx 560 ti

Monitor -- Asus Vh238h 23in w/ speakers

I am looking to upgrade the speakers to the soundsticks ii/iii in the near future as well.

Appreciate any help!

santaclaws490

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
No not really. And yeah I think you are right. My budget is around 1000 (+/- 100$) including a monitor. I want to be able to game on it for at least two and a half years. The budget has to include shipping and canadian taxes so it has to come to around 900 before all that. There are a few combo deals but I always find one thing in them that I don't like - for instance a case with a PSU. I figure the best bet might be to go with a really good mobo and a x4 965 amd processor and then upgrade when the bulldozer comes out?? What do you reckon?