Which new game to get?

I bought a GameCube this Christmas with hopes of getting my wife to
play it with me. We each have a computer that are networked together
and I can't get her to play anything but "Parker Brothers Classic Card
Games" while I've been enjoying Half Life 2. The GameCube came with
Mario Kart and she likes that. We also bought Super Monkey Ball 2,
which is now her favorite.

She would never play a game like Resident Evil. I'm looking at
getting Mario Party 6. Would it keep us both interested for a while?
I saw Mario Party 5 at Game Stop (also still $50). What ever happened
to Mario Party 1-4? Are they worth looking for? What's the
microphone for in MP6?
12 answers Last reply
More about which game
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Kevin wrote:
    > I bought a GameCube this Christmas with hopes of getting my wife to
    > play it with me. We each have a computer that are networked together
    > and I can't get her to play anything but "Parker Brothers Classic
    Card
    > Games" while I've been enjoying Half Life 2. The GameCube came with
    > Mario Kart and she likes that. We also bought Super Monkey Ball 2,
    > which is now her favorite.
    >
    > She would never play a game like Resident Evil. I'm looking at
    > getting Mario Party 6. Would it keep us both interested for a while?
    Animal Crossing.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Kevin wrote:I bought a GameCube this Christmas with hopes of getting my
    wife to play it with me. We each have a computer that are networked
    together and I can't get her to play anything but "Parker Brothers
    Classic Card Games" while I've been enjoying Half Life 2. The GameCube
    came with Mario Kart and she likes that. We also bought Super Monkey
    Ball 2, which is now her favorite.
    She would never play a game like Resident Evil. I'm looking at getting
    Mario Party 6. Would it keep us both interested for a while? I saw Mario
    Party 5 at Game Stop (also still $50). What ever happened to Mario Party
    1-4? Are they worth looking for? What's the microphone for in MP6?

    Yeah,Mario Party 6 would likely keep you both interested.And to answer
    your question about the other Mario Parties:Mario Party 1,2,and 3 are on
    the Nintendo 64.Mario Party 4,however,came out on the Gamecube.The
    microphone is for a special mode in Mario Party 6.This mode has special
    mini-games which you can only play with the microphone.
    Munch.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Get her to try Animal Crossing. I showed that game to my girl and she went
    out and bought her own Gamcube and Gameboy just to play in her own town. We
    had fun going back and forth to each other's towns and trading items and
    such. Check it out.

    HDTV games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

    "Kevin" <kevinp@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    >I bought a GameCube this Christmas with hopes of getting my wife to
    > play it with me. We each have a computer that are networked together
    > and I can't get her to play anything but "Parker Brothers Classic Card
    > Games" while I've been enjoying Half Life 2. The GameCube came with
    > Mario Kart and she likes that. We also bought Super Monkey Ball 2,
    > which is now her favorite.
    >
    > She would never play a game like Resident Evil. I'm looking at
    > getting Mario Party 6. Would it keep us both interested for a while?
    > I saw Mario Party 5 at Game Stop (also still $50). What ever happened
    > to Mario Party 1-4? Are they worth looking for? What's the
    > microphone for in MP6?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:19:20 GMT, Kevin <kevinp@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

    >I bought a GameCube this Christmas with hopes of getting my wife to
    >play it with me. We each have a computer that are networked together
    >and I can't get her to play anything but "Parker Brothers Classic Card
    >Games" while I've been enjoying Half Life 2. The GameCube came with
    >Mario Kart and she likes that. We also bought Super Monkey Ball 2,
    >which is now her favorite.
    >
    >She would never play a game like Resident Evil. I'm looking at
    >getting Mario Party 6. Would it keep us both interested for a while?
    >I saw Mario Party 5 at Game Stop (also still $50). What ever happened
    >to Mario Party 1-4? Are they worth looking for? What's the
    >microphone for in MP6?

    How about Wario Ware? It's one of the only games that my girlfriend
    will play against me on. I think she likes it all the more because
    she could beat me when I first got it. My sister played it for the
    first time just yesterday and she seemed to like it too.

    Sanddancer.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:19:20 GMT, Kevin <kevinp@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

    >I bought a GameCube this Christmas with hopes of getting my wife to
    >play it with me. We each have a computer that are networked together
    >and I can't get her to play anything but "Parker Brothers Classic Card
    >Games" while I've been enjoying Half Life 2. The GameCube came with
    >Mario Kart and she likes that. We also bought Super Monkey Ball 2,
    >which is now her favorite.
    >
    >She would never play a game like Resident Evil. I'm looking at
    >getting Mario Party 6. Would it keep us both interested for a while?
    >I saw Mario Party 5 at Game Stop (also still $50). What ever happened
    >to Mario Party 1-4? Are they worth looking for? What's the
    >microphone for in MP6?

    My wife and I (and the kids) have a blast playing Donkey Konga. Of
    course, you will have to buy another set of Kongas, so the whole
    enchilada will cost you about $80, but it's great fun.

    PB
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Kevin wrote:
    > I bought a GameCube this Christmas with hopes of getting my wife to
    > play it with me. We each have a computer that are networked together
    > and I can't get her to play anything but "Parker Brothers Classic Card
    > Games" while I've been enjoying Half Life 2. The GameCube came with
    > Mario Kart and she likes that. We also bought Super Monkey Ball 2,
    > which is now her favorite.
    >
    > She would never play a game like Resident Evil. I'm looking at
    > getting Mario Party 6. Would it keep us both interested for a while?
    > I saw Mario Party 5 at Game Stop (also still $50). What ever happened
    > to Mario Party 1-4? Are they worth looking for? What's the
    > microphone for in MP6?

    Most girls seem to have a hard time understanding 3D games (Males are
    generally better than females at rotating, and minipulating 3D objects
    in their heads), so anything "simple" (I use the term cautiously) like
    the party games you mentioned will be fun (I've got Mario Party 5, and
    it's very fun)
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Ollie T" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > Get her to try Animal Crossing. I showed that game to my girl and she
    > went out and bought her own Gamcube and Gameboy just to play in her own
    > town. We had fun going back and forth to each other's towns and trading
    > items and such. Check it out.

    My husband and I did that too for a while... Also, games like Sphinx are fun
    to play together and take turns with the controller - especially on the
    puzzle levels. Smash Brothers Melee is another good one..
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Vitani" <inativ@tfosxft.moc> wrote in message

    > Most girls seem to have a hard time understanding 3D games (Males are
    > generally better than females at rotating, and minipulating 3D objects in
    > their heads),

    Bullshit!
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    The Guy Game.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Kevin" <kevinp@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I bought a GameCube this Christmas with hopes of getting my wife to
    > play it with me. We each have a computer that are networked together
    > and I can't get her to play anything but "Parker Brothers Classic Card
    > Games" while I've been enjoying Half Life 2. The GameCube came with
    > Mario Kart and she likes that. We also bought Super Monkey Ball 2,
    > which is now her favorite.
    >
    > She would never play a game like Resident Evil. I'm looking at
    > getting Mario Party 6. Would it keep us both interested for a while?
    > I saw Mario Party 5 at Game Stop (also still $50). What ever happened
    > to Mario Party 1-4? Are they worth looking for? What's the
    > microphone for in MP6?

    MP6 should keep both of you entertained for awhile.

    As far as GC games that she might like on her own, try Animal Crossing
    and/or Harvest Moon...especially if she is not a fan of action games or
    shooters. If she doesn't mind fighting games, try Super Smash Bros. Melee.
    Mario Kart Double Dash is also one she could enjoy, as you can switch
    between driving and tossing items as a team. Donkey Konga is a good
    music/rhythm game, but you'll need another set of bongos to make it
    worthwhile.

    My wife isn't a big fan of videogames...next to me, who is?...but she'll
    play all of the above (except SSBM). If Tetris Attack was ever updated for
    GC, she would play that too, as that was one of the few N64 games she could
    kick my butt on.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Thanks for all the responses. I ended up getting Mario Party 6.
    Played it for two hours tonight with my wife. She liked it, but
    wouldn't admit it.

    I'll have to take a look at Animal Crossing as well (especially since
    it's only $20).

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:19:20 GMT, Kevin <kevinp@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

    >I bought a GameCube this Christmas with hopes of getting my wife to
    >play it with me. We each have a computer that are networked together
    >and I can't get her to play anything but "Parker Brothers Classic Card
    >Games" while I've been enjoying Half Life 2. The GameCube came with
    >Mario Kart and she likes that. We also bought Super Monkey Ball 2,
    >which is now her favorite.
    >
    >She would never play a game like Resident Evil. I'm looking at
    >getting Mario Party 6. Would it keep us both interested for a while?
    >I saw Mario Party 5 at Game Stop (also still $50). What ever happened
    >to Mario Party 1-4? Are they worth looking for? What's the
    >microphone for in MP6?
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Of the Mario Party games on the GC, we still play Mario Party 4 the most.

    The Game my wife and I play the most is Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. We've
    play it through 4 times so far. Plenty of fun. I'm still bitter that they
    didn't make the sequel for the cube....

    "Kevin" <kevinp@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I bought a GameCube this Christmas with hopes of getting my wife to
    > play it with me. We each have a computer that are networked together
    > and I can't get her to play anything but "Parker Brothers Classic Card
    > Games" while I've been enjoying Half Life 2. The GameCube came with
    > Mario Kart and she likes that. We also bought Super Monkey Ball 2,
    > which is now her favorite.
    >
    > She would never play a game like Resident Evil. I'm looking at
    > getting Mario Party 6. Would it keep us both interested for a while?
    > I saw Mario Party 5 at Game Stop (also still $50). What ever happened
    > to Mario Party 1-4? Are they worth looking for? What's the
    > microphone for in MP6?

Console Gaming Games Gamecube Video Games