Your question

Asus Sabertooth Z77 Problems

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Computer
  • Boot
Last response: in Motherboards
August 13, 2012 11:05:41 PM

On Friday the 10th I was using my computer, and the only thing I did to my computer was install Steam games, and then update Windows when I shut it down. When I went to boot it Sunday the 12th, it wouldn't boot. The logo screen on boot comes up, and stays there. My video works. When I looked at my motherboard, I noticed that the Boot Device LED was on. I am not sure what to do and I want my computer back up and running. The motherboard, Sabertooth Z77 is less than a month old, as well as the CPU, i7 3770k. I am not sure what to do, and was looking for help.

More about : asus sabertooth z77 problems

a c 490 V Motherboard
August 14, 2012 12:22:42 AM

Azmuh said:
On Friday the 10th I was using my computer, and the only thing I did to my computer was install Steam games, and then update Windows when I shut it down. When I went to boot it Sunday the 12th, it wouldn't boot. The logo screen on boot comes up, and stays there. My video works. When I looked at my motherboard, I noticed that the Boot Device LED was on. I am not sure what to do and I want my computer back up and running. The motherboard, Sabertooth Z77 is less than a month old, as well as the CPU, i7 3770k. I am not sure what to do, and was looking for help.

sounds like your hard drive died. I would first start off by powering the pc down and unplug the sata data cable to your hard drive and see if the mb posts. if not unplug your cd-rom and ssd. you want to see no boot device found message not the logo screen. when you see the message the mb is not locked up. i would boot into the bios and check your bios rev. the newest bios is 15xx and has a few bug fixes. if you have the old 801 or 9xx bios. download the bios from another pc. rename the cap file z77st.cap. put it on a usb stick and plug the usb stick in the flashback port of the mb and do a bios update using the usb flashback. when the bios is at 15xx go into it hit f5 save the default bios and exit. boot to the failure message and turn off the pc. on reboot go back into the bios make sure the bios has the sata ports set to achi not raid or ide. save and shut down the pc.
plug the hard drive back in and boot into the bios..make sure it seen in the bios and is the first boot device. save and exit and see if it boots. (if the boot led is on..check that your hard drive is spinning. if it is try the drive in another pc and see if you can see the data on the drive. if you cant..looks like the drive may have died. to see if the mb is the issue try using a boot cd like hirimes boot cd versin 15.x to see if you can boot from the cd-tom or a usb stick.
m
l
!