puntojay

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hello,

i am having problems with my monitor it will only work in safe mode, it comes up with default monitor on. and in my device manager there is a list of all devices but it does not show me monitors it has gone

in normal mode i have monitor up and its saying pnp monitor but in safe mode nowt there.

my old 1998 monitor works fine but my lcd will not work all my drivers are all up to date.

its vga to vga and pressing f8 wile starting up will not show me a menu to change vga mode?

my graphics card is nvidia ge force 6150 le on bored

my tv is on this link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PROLINE-15-LCD-TV-LD1568-/320709949953

very confused :(

puntojay

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

but to be honest it was all working till i formatted hdd when changing from xp to windows 7 ultimate

puntojay

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

Bad news for me. says this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware
But i can play games at the moment iam playing fifa manager 11 and most wanted.? just confusing me lol

G

Since you are connecting via VGA your PC probably wont plug and play your TV. As a result it is booting the system with a resolution / screen refresh your TV cannot handle, hence no display.

In safe mode right-click on the screen and select 'Screen Resolution' - it probably needs to be 1024x768. Next to this you will see 'Advanced settings'. Click this, click the 'monitor' tab and select the lowest screen refresh on offer, your TV is probably less than 60Hz. If you dont see anything lower than that untick the 'Hide modes..' box (if it was ticked) and look again.

If rebooting with the new settings fails then I'm stumped

puntojay

Distinguished
May 10, 2011

aha i think your info has not fixed but made me find the problem my screen refresh rate is max of 240 hertz and a minimum of 60 hertz but i must be able to go lower than that right. ?