Sign in with
Your question

HDMI from PC to TV Issues.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 11, 2011 8:42:34 PM

Whenever I would plug use a HDMI cable to connect my computer to the TV (standard 32'' LCD TV), one of three options would occur:

1) No signal (happens ~66% of the time).
2) I am able to see the boot-up until the "Starting Windows" screen, then it would go to "No signal". But if this option occurs, everything would be a dull red or pink and the screen would be flashing black. (happens ~33% of the time).
3) Everything works perfectly for a few hours to a couple of days, before "No Signal" occurs. (happens 1% of the time).

I am running out of ideas. My television is 720p, so I have tried using CCC (I am using a Radeon 6850 card) to change the screen resolution to 1280 X 720. This would fix it sometimes, but not others. I have also uninstalled all GPU drivers and reinstalled all of them. I even tried changing the Pixel Format from 4:4:4 to 4:2:2. But it would just revert itself back to standard 4:4:4.

I know the TV is being detected as whenever I don't get "No Signal" on my TV, I would use a secondary display through DVI to determine whether the TV is being detected. And it always is detected.

-If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. As I am on the end of my rope because praying gives me the same chance as what I did above to fix the problem.

More about : hdmi issues

June 12, 2011 12:40:43 PM

have you set the tv to 60hz?
Maybe try another hdmi cable, one of the ends could be dodgey.
!