Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

xbox ps2 gamecube cable question?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 17, 2005 3:08:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Is thier an HDMI or DVI connecter for these systems. I just got a TV with
HDMI and I wanna try it out!! Thanks everyone for any replies I get

Anthony
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 11:02:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

There are no HDMI or DVI cables for the current round of consoles. You may
be able to do some sort of component to DVI conversion but that would not be
worth the trouble. You can find out much more on this at
http://www.hdtvarcade.com Try asking in the forums there.


"anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
news:2EIGd.18283$ph.5962@okepread01...
> Is thier an HDMI or DVI connecter for these systems. I just got a TV with
> HDMI and I wanna try it out!! Thanks everyone for any replies I get
>
> Anthony
>
>
>
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 8:40:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
news:2EIGd.18283$ph.5962@okepread01...
> Is thier an HDMI or DVI connecter for these systems. I just got a TV with
> HDMI and I wanna try it out!! Thanks everyone for any replies I get

I have 3 sets with HDMI and DVI inputs and I never cared to find a way to
use them.
Yah know why, these systems don't support them, there fore it will be a
waste of time.
My projector has HDMI inputs and I use component connections for both HD and
DVD viewing.
HDMI is great is you have awesome / really strong source material running to
it, if not you are going to see a magnified mess.
Even with 1080i and 720p HD you can see some motion artifacts using HDMI
that are not as noticeable using component inputs.
Component is the way to go IMHO.
Until the make a noise filtration system/unit like the Mosquito for HDMI
Related resources
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 11:13:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

In alt.games.video.sony-playstation2 anthony <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote:
> Is thier an HDMI or DVI connecter for these systems. I just got a TV with
> HDMI and I wanna try it out!! Thanks everyone for any replies I get

None of the current consoles support these.

You *might* be able to cobble something together where you plug the
console into a VGA box, then use a convertor to connect to your TV's DVI
port - but - the VGA boxes I've seen use S-Video, at best.

Your best bet is still to get the component cable sets for your consoles.
That way you can play games in progressive scan mode (assuming the game
supports it - not all of them do.)
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 6:11:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote
> Is thier an HDMI or DVI connecter for these systems. I just got a TV with
> HDMI and I wanna try it out!! Thanks everyone for any replies I get
>
> Anthony

I'm assuming this is an HDTV? If so -- welcome to wonderful, exciting,
chaotic, and content-lacking world of high definition. :^)

Simply using component cables with all three consoles will yield excellent
results. There are no HDMI/DVI cables intended for any of the three
consoles. I suppose it would be possible to bring their video into a STB
and output from there in HDMI/DVI, but I doubt you'll see much improvement.
In fact, you'll probably will experience loss in picture quality.

Now, if you want to use the HDMI port to connect your TV with your HD cable
or satellite STB (assuming it has HDMI or DVI out) then that could be worth
it. If anything, doing so will free up one set of the TV's component inputs
so you can use them with a console. I'm using HDMI for my HD cable STB
(DVI out, using a DVI-HDMI cable) while my Xbox, PS2, GC, DVD are all using
component inputs.

If you don't already have a GC component cable then you'll have to order one
online as they are no longer available in US retail stores. I bought mine
(Official Nintendo GC component cable) off Ebay, which was $10 less than
buying it directly from Nintendo. Getting a component cable for the GC will
definetly be worth it though. I always thought the GC's composite output
was rather weak, however once switched to component cables it's 480p is
outstanding (especially "Soul Calibur II" and "F-Zero"). Note that your GC
will have to have a "digital video out" port, which Nintendo quit building
into the GC last year.

If you want a DVI, HDMI, DVI-HDMI check out the following retailer. I got
my DVI-HDMI for just $9 from them and it works great. There is no need to
spend $100 on DVI/HDMI cables, which is what you'll find in almost all
retail stores as they all peddle "Mobster Cable".

http://www.monoprice.com

Cheers n' Beers!
-E
January 18, 2005 6:11:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Has anyon tried hooking thier HDMI to the computer. My video card has a
6600 agp with DVI and I thought about getting a 10ft HMDI-DVI cable to see
how my computer would be on their.


Anthony



"Eras" <none@nospam.none.not> wrote in message
news:k7%Gd.30852$re1.16657@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
>
> "anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote
>> Is thier an HDMI or DVI connecter for these systems. I just got a TV with
>> HDMI and I wanna try it out!! Thanks everyone for any replies I get
>>
>> Anthony
>
> I'm assuming this is an HDTV? If so -- welcome to wonderful, exciting,
> chaotic, and content-lacking world of high definition. :^)
>
> Simply using component cables with all three consoles will yield excellent
> results. There are no HDMI/DVI cables intended for any of the three
> consoles. I suppose it would be possible to bring their video into a STB
> and output from there in HDMI/DVI, but I doubt you'll see much
> improvement.
> In fact, you'll probably will experience loss in picture quality.
>
> Now, if you want to use the HDMI port to connect your TV with your HD
> cable
> or satellite STB (assuming it has HDMI or DVI out) then that could be
> worth
> it. If anything, doing so will free up one set of the TV's component
> inputs
> so you can use them with a console. I'm using HDMI for my HD cable STB
> (DVI out, using a DVI-HDMI cable) while my Xbox, PS2, GC, DVD are all
> using
> component inputs.
>
> If you don't already have a GC component cable then you'll have to order
> one
> online as they are no longer available in US retail stores. I bought mine
> (Official Nintendo GC component cable) off Ebay, which was $10 less than
> buying it directly from Nintendo. Getting a component cable for the GC
> will
> definetly be worth it though. I always thought the GC's composite output
> was rather weak, however once switched to component cables it's 480p is
> outstanding (especially "Soul Calibur II" and "F-Zero"). Note that your
> GC
> will have to have a "digital video out" port, which Nintendo quit building
> into the GC last year.
>
> If you want a DVI, HDMI, DVI-HDMI check out the following retailer. I got
> my DVI-HDMI for just $9 from them and it works great. There is no need to
> spend $100 on DVI/HDMI cables, which is what you'll find in almost all
> retail stores as they all peddle "Mobster Cable".
>
> http://www.monoprice.com
>
> Cheers n' Beers!
> -E
>
>
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 11:52:33 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"Eras" <none@nospam.none.not> wrote in message
news:k7%Gd.30852$re1.16657@fe2.columbus.rr.com...
>
> "anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote
> > Is thier an HDMI or DVI connecter for these systems. I just got a TV
with
> > HDMI and I wanna try it out!! Thanks everyone for any replies I get
> >
> > Anthony
>
> I'm assuming this is an HDTV? If so -- welcome to wonderful, exciting,
> chaotic, and content-lacking world of high definition. :^)
>
> Simply using component cables with all three consoles will yield excellent
> results. There are no HDMI/DVI cables intended for any of the three
> consoles. I suppose it would be possible to bring their video into a STB
> and output from there in HDMI/DVI, but I doubt you'll see much
improvement.
> In fact, you'll probably will experience loss in picture quality.


BINGO!
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 11:53:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
news:sO1Hd.18386$ph.2604@okepread01...
> Has anyon tried hooking thier HDMI to the computer. My video card has a
> 6600 agp with DVI and I thought about getting a 10ft HMDI-DVI cable to see
> how my computer would be on their.

That depends, what HDTV did you purchase?
January 18, 2005 12:55:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

just a 30in sanyo wide screen intergated HDTV HDMI this one...


http://www.sanyo.com/entertainment/televisions/digital/...



"lighten up francis" <tellmeyou@loveme.please> wrote in message
news:YvWdnchU8_xUiXDcRVn-rw@suscom.com...
>
> "anthony" <aevansjr3@cox.net> wrote in message
> news:sO1Hd.18386$ph.2604@okepread01...
>> Has anyon tried hooking thier HDMI to the computer. My video card has a
>> 6600 agp with DVI and I thought about getting a 10ft HMDI-DVI cable to
>> see
>> how my computer would be on their.
>
> That depends, what HDTV did you purchase?
>
>
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 8:18:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

"lighten up francis" <tellmeyou@loveme.please> wrote

> BINGO!

LOL. Along this topic, have you seen the new (standard definition) DVD
players that upconvert 480p DVD source to 720p/1080i and pipe it out through
DVI or HDMI? Talk about a gimmick. I guess it justifies the manufacturers
to be able to slap a "High Definition" logo on a standard DVD player. When
HD-DVD (or BluRay) emerges, I wonder how many are going to be saying "I
already have a HD DVD player."

And the manufacturers/retailers are wondering why grandma, after coming into
a store for a new TV, is walking out empty handed. Sheesh...
!