Will PC133 work with celeron

G

I have a celeron 533@66FSB but i run PC100 memory right now. I am planning on upgrading to an AMD T-Bird or Duron so I want to buy Pc133 memory in the mean time so I'm not wasting my memory. Will these two work together and will they run at 66FSB, which is what celerons run at.

Thanks

G

PC133 means that the maximum speed that the chips can handle is 133MHz... nothing is stopping you from running it at any clock speed below that. However, considering that AMD760 chipset is very close to release, and prices on DDR SDRAM are quite low, you might want to wait a bit and go for DDR, especially since you aren't upgrading right now, but rather are building a new system in near future.

G

I don't know if this will do it for you but I've put 128Mb of PC 133SDRAM into an old LX board with PII-233 and 32Mb of old PC 66SDRAM.
The system now works fine with a total of 160Mb of RAM all clocked at 66Mhz. It just booted found and checked it. W95 also detected it fine. No problems found.
Anyway, try to up your FSB a little bit (probably it'll work without Vcore increases), cause...don't you think running 533 is a waste when it could easy run at the 800s?

Saludos a todos