Sony Vaio (small 10.6 inch) LCD Replacement procedure?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
August 10, 2005 3:45:50 PM

I've tried in vain a few times to remove the bezel from my Sony Vaio
VGN-t140p. My LCD is cracked and I'm trying to save money by replacing
it myself. It's heartbreaking spending 500 bucks on top of the 2200
that was used to purchase it.

Anyway, I got the screws off and the very top snaps apart really nicely
but the sides are impossible and the bottom isnt cooperating very well
either. I bought a service manual but was unable to understand it.

Anyone got any tips?

Thanks a bunch.
August 10, 2005 7:31:46 PM

>I've tried in vain a few times to remove the bezel from my Sony Vaio
>VGN-t140p. My LCD is cracked and I'm trying to save money by replacing
>it myself. It's heartbreaking spending 500 bucks on top of the 2200
>that was used to purchase it.
>
>Anyway, I got the screws off and the very top snaps apart really nicely
>but the sides are impossible and the bottom isnt cooperating very well
>either. I bought a service manual but was unable to understand it.

>Anyone got any tips?

>Thanks a bunch.

Buy a hosed notebook like that on ebay with a good screen. Replacing
the fully assembled unit is a snap. I've bought and sold several Vaios
on ebay for just that reason. I have a fully assembled FX215 screen
for sale right now.
!