QuickRestore and a new hard drive ?

My hard disc is dying and I just bought a new hard drive,
my question is:
Will the quickRestore disc (that originally came with my
PC) recognize the new hard drive ?

They should once you have installed the new drive.
Every computer manufacturer does it differently.
Check you manual and/or contact your computer manufacturer for
details.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Exavier" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My hard disc is dying and I just bought a new hard drive,
> my question is:
> Will the quickRestore disc (that originally came with my
> PC) recognize the new hard drive ?

It may be to late for this suggestion.:

Put your new HD in as a slave.
Change the jumpers.
Run the transfer files and folders program and put it on the new drive.

Copy / transfer everything you can to it.

Switch hardrives and install W-XP. I don't know where you are going to
get the software for it if your computer came with it installed.

http://community-2.webtv.net/Geo_H/RecentPictures/

Thanks for the reply; I have contacted Compaq as well as
Western Digital... and they do not really give out the
right info for "doing it yourself"...
UNFORTUNATELLY THE USER'S MANUAL DOES NOT CONTAIN ANY OF
THE INFO EITHER !!!

Generally rebooting with the first recovery CD starts the process and
all you need to do is follow the prompts,

Be sure the old hard drive is not installed.
Disconnect all peripherals, scanner, printer, camera etc before
starting.

The instructions ore most likely on Compaq's website.
You can probably locate the information here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHomeC?lc=en&cc=us

--

"Exavier_replies" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:25be201c46113$67e2b480$a501280a@phx.gbl...