Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H half second response..

Last response: in Motherboards
August 14, 2012 9:29:15 AM

I recently got myself a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard for my new gaming/media pc build after connecting everything and double checking twice i was only getting half a second boot before it all cuts off again so i worked backwards removing everything until all that was left was power supply and the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H.
And the result is still only a half second boot time before it cuts out again.
So i have tried another power supply on the Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H and still the half second boot then cuts out.
I have also tried both power supplys I'm using on another motherboard and they have both responded fine.

Am i going about this wrong or is the motherboard faulty? any ideas will be very helpfull.

Thanks Ben

More about : gigabyte z77x ud5h half response

a b V Motherboard
August 14, 2012 10:09:22 AM

You means, power on and gone? Looks like there is faulty mobo. Look if there is anything shorting out with motherboard. Try to run the system outside of the system case.
m
l
August 14, 2012 10:36:40 AM

mubin said:
You means, power on and gone? Looks like there is faulty mobo. Look if there is anything shorting out with motherboard. Try to run the system outside of the system case.

Yes i have constant power to to mobo working fine as the power button light is on solid, after i press the button(on the mother board) everything powers up for half a second and gone again but that power light is still solid.
Yep i have tried it outside the case to make sure nothing inside was shortening it out.
m
l
Related resources
August 14, 2012 11:19:08 AM

if you read my post about the same board I had something similar but the power button wouldn't even come on.

I had to swap the motherboard and the new one is ok.

When I first set mine up I overclocked the memory and the board didn't like it so I had to go to the other BIOS in order to get in.

Have you tried switching to the backup BIOS?

m
l
August 14, 2012 11:33:23 AM

guicane said:
if you read my post about the same board I had something similar but the power button wouldn't even come on.

I had to swap the motherboard and the new one is ok.

When I first set mine up I overclocked the memory and the board didn't like it so I had to go to the other BIOS in order to get in.

Have you tried switching to the backup BIOS?

I figured a new one is the answer, i haven't touched or changed anything to the boards BIOS this is as far as it will go.
m
l
August 14, 2012 11:45:49 AM

ben12345 said:
I figured a new one is the answer, i haven't touched or changed anything to the boards BIOS this is as far as it will go.

Go for it then! So annoying to have to disconnect everything...
m
l
September 29, 2012 8:25:50 PM

I had the same exact problem. Replacing the MB fixed the issue, or so I thought. 3 months later, same thing happened to the replacement board.

I'm going to count it as a $200 loss, and go for a more reliable product.
m
l
!