Please suggest best full atx Z77 for Core i5-3550 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turb

Briton215

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
Hello all you that know so much about computers than me,

I want to buy this CPU and have agonized over the motherboard i want to buy. Tom's reviews have me leaning toward the ASRock Extreme4 or the Gigabyte UD3H. I don't plan on playing with overclocking much (if at all) and will be getting a fairly serious graphics card (preferably GeForce w/ Kepler).

All i really care about it not choosing a board that will bottleneck or limit the CPU and graphics card. I hope to spend somewhere around $150-175 (or less), and live in US so availability is not an issue. Thank you very much

Solution
Either one will be more than adequate. Having owned both Gigabyte and ASRock mobos, I feel comfortable with either one. The ASRock Extreme 4 is fantastic but I did run into some USB issues as many others have.

fizzle22

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Either one will be more than adequate. Having owned both Gigabyte and ASRock mobos, I feel comfortable with either one. The ASRock Extreme 4 is fantastic but I did run into some USB issues as many others have.

Solution