High pitched noise coming from PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint7269

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
There is a high piched noise coming from my PSU. It really kicks in when I play a video or game, and for some reason when I lanuch chrome. I've brought my power setting down to balanced in the power plans in Windows 7. Running at high performance just makes it to loud. Everything seems to start and run fine. Just wanted to know what would be making the noise. I've had the PSU almost 4 years. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2441945

Solution
The noise from the power supply is probably caused by lose turns on a inductor and can be cured in some cases by simply moving the inductor however I would not recommend that you try to fix this yourself. If the noise bothers you then get a new power supply. The noise does not mean that there is anything electrically wrong with the power supply or that it is likely to fail.
The noise from the power supply is probably caused by lose turns on a inductor and can be cured in some cases by simply moving the inductor however I would not recommend that you try to fix this yourself. If the noise bothers you then get a new power supply. The noise does not mean that there is anything electrically wrong with the power supply or that it is likely to fail.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.