Computer to tv resilution Acer timeline 4810

powergentry

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
Laptop Acer 4810t TV Samsung series3 330 When attaching via HDMI I am unable to set the resolution on the TV to the recommended 1360X768. I even tried using the attach to projector function. It did work in the past but now the best I can get is 1280X720 Thanks in advance.

powergentry

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2011
I was finally able to get this resolved so here how I did it just in-case someone else is having issues.
I updated the display adapter driver but that's not the fix.
I disconnected the HDMI cable and attached the Samsung to the Acer with a VGA CABLE then with your TV menu go to PC and select Picture scroll down to AUTO ADJUST select OK . You can also hold the EXIT key on the remote down "for a while" until Reset all settings to default appears. Once I resat the tv from the PC source Turn off the TV unhook the VGA Cable and attach the HDMI in the top HDMI I was then able to get the resolution of 1360 X 768 @60Hz . If you are having trouble with the sound the TV's owners manual shows that running a 3.5 rca jack to the TWO L and R which are right next to the top HDMI jack. Go into set resolution on the lap top and set the resolution. Keep working with it and don't connect the HDMI at the same time the VGA is attached as it will turn off the TV set. Good luck. I never tried jumping the pin on the VGA CABLE but I read (as you have if your reading this) that also works.