Please help me choose which PC to buy

Mtandkids

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Hello,
I have built 3 PCs from Dell. I like dell because they have never done me wrong and that is important to me. I do school work on my PC, but I am really upgrading to enhance my gaming. Typically I play StarCraft 2 and am looking to buy Guild Wars 2 and Diablo 3. I want to be able to upgrade my PC as time goes on as well. Considering all three of these systems are less that $999 which one offers the best build in your opinion?

System 1:
Stuido XPS 7100 MiniTower
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
ATI Radeon HD 6770 1GB
6 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz 4 DIMMS
1TB Hard Drive

System 2:
Studio XPS 7100 Minitower
AMD Phenom II x4 945
ATI Radeon HD 6770 1 GB
8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333 MHz 4 DIMMs
1.5 TB hard drive

System 3:
XPS 8300
Intel Core i7-2600 (8MB Cache, 3.4 GHz)
8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz 4 DIMMs
AMD Radeon HD 6770
1TB hard drive

Please chime in as to what system is better for gaming as they all fall under my budget.

Thank you for any advice and opinions.

Mtandkids

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Thank you both for the help. I really appericate it. One other option if I may. A friend has been trying to get me to go to cyberpowerpc.com and do my build there. I just did that and have a nice set up. After their instant savings and the rebate I get for being in school the total price would be $989.30 (USD).

The basic PC summary is:
Case: CoolerMaster Elite 430 Mid-Tower Gaming Case with Side Panel Window
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: Ultimate OC (Ultimate Overclock 30% or more)
Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
Motherboard: * [CrossFireX] GigaByte GA-Z68A-D3-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
Memory: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair Dominator)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+128] (EVGA Superclocked)
Multiple Video Card Settings: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
Power Supply Upgrade: 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX Ready Power Supply [+10]
Hard Drive: 500GB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-18] (Single Hard Drive)
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

I know this only has 4 GB of ram but I figure I can just buy 2 - 6 more GB of matching ram.

Would this be a better idea than system 3 mentioned in the above text?

Mtandkids

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
They are the same price and gaming is a major use for my pc. I may have to step away from Dell but I want the best system for school and gaming I can get for the money. Unless I get some conflicting info I will go with cyberpowerpc and update how it turns out. A big thank you to everyone for the help.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
4GB of RAM is fine for any of today's games. One thing you should drop is the 30% OC. It isn't needed. You could do it yourself, and considering the i5 2500K is unlocked, it wouldn't be very difficult. Just look for some stable specs online or try it yourself. If you aren't comfortable OCing, then you can get it anyway and save some time.

Mtandkids

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Thank you AbdullahG and jackspeed for the inputs. I do not feel comfortable doing the OC myself and my idea was originally to get the i7-2600 processor but I found I could save money and get around the same or maybe even better performance going with the i5-2500K and throwing on some OC.

I will change to a decent air cooler, looking at going with the Thermaltake Frio OCK CPU Cooler based off your suggestion.

Would I be OK w/ the 700 Watts - XtremeGear SLI/CrossFireX powersupply then pick up a better one in a few months or is it really going to make that much of a difference?

This system comes to $1085.00 but with the 5% "instant" rebate I am at 1030.75 but I also get a $50 MIR because I am a student so my total is 980.75

Here is the link to the build incase I missed any vital info. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1DF10W