Status
Not open for further replies.

bhendin

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
So I was almost ready to go on all my component for a new HTPC build, including the Lian Li PC-C33B case.

However, I have just found out that the lovely aesthetics of this case are totally ruined by the fact that the DVD drive does not stay covered with the aluminum face plate. You can see what an installed drive looks like here.

I think it's ridiculous to spend this on a case to have the entire brushed aluminum look marred.

I chose this case because of the build quality of Lian Li, and because it got good marks in temps and volume.

I would like to find another case that meets the following criteria:

- Black, brushed finish that will fit in with other AV equipment
- ATX size with the ability to house no less than 3 internal 2.5 drives (1 ext 3.5 is enough - no need for the 2 like on the PC-C33B).
- Must have good ventilation and be very quiet with an overall good build quality
- Infrared and card reader would be nice, but not a dealbreaker.
- ~$150 price point. Would be willing to pay a bit more if it comes with fans and a good PSU that don't need to be upgraded.

thanks in advance!

Too bad you need black... I'm actually parting out and selling my HTPC. The case is a Moneual 832P.

832_silver_illus2.jpg

Anyways, there was a black version (832B) if you can find one available somewhere. There's also the 932 models, but they come with a full LCD screen and so they're kind of expensive.

bhendin

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
thanks - but that isn't a brushed black finish, nor an ATX case.

Looks like it would be nice for my future build of a smaller appliance/htpc though...but alas not UK based. cheers!

Anyone else have recommendations for a well ventilated, quiet, component black case?

Status
Not open for further replies.