Computer Shut every now & then

My PC (core 2 duo, intel motherboard DG41WV) shuts down randomly. Light of power button remains on & light of mother board also remains on. I tried with different monitors. But it is not a monitor problem. Voltage is also OK. Can somebody help me.
11 answers Last reply
More about computer shut then
  1. Is it over heating? Go download core temp and check the temps, also open the side of your case to let the air vent.
  2. I dont think that it is overheating. The temperature of CPU, motherboard & RAM is in between 40-45 degree celcius.
    Sometimes my pc run for 4-6 hours without causing any problem. Sometime it shut down in half or one hour. Sometime it dont start. After switching offpower supply when I press power button again then it starts.
  3. hmm, download and run furmark for about 15 minutes, then tell us the max temps :)

also do the same with prime95, dont run them at the same time though
  4. your PSU could be dying what Psu do you have?
  5. I use speccy software for checking temperature. It is showing all temperatures 35-40 degree celcius. So I dont think that it is a overheat issue.
    can u give me any other solution please.
    Can it be a voltage issue?
    I have no UPS.
  6. subhasispandit said:
    I use speccy software for checking temperature. It is showing all temperatures 35-40 degree celcius. So I dont think that it is a overheat issue.
    I have no UPS.

Well, have you tried running the programs I suggested? You are most likely seeing idle temps and those don't help us at all.
  7. Can u give me the download link or from do I get those softwares?
  8. subhasispandit said:
    Can u give me the download link or from do I get those softwares?

http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ you could have just googled them :whistle:
  9. What psu do you have?
    Inspect your mobo for bad caps as well. If theyre bulgy at the top they need to be replaced
  10. Full system specs would help.

That includes Maker, Model, and age of all parts.
  11. subhasispandit said:

I have no UPS.

Gosh, if u live in India, and don't use a UPS, then GOD bless u and your comp!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Light Monitors Motherboards