Typical "What GPU Card To Get?" Question.

idjlee96

Distinguished
May 6, 2011
So let me first say what I want to be able to play/do with the GPU.

The main use is going to be editing, but I have a 2600k, and from what I've heard, rendering and editing is mainly CPU and RAM.
Just want to confirm that part.

Second, is the obvious gaming.
I play a wide variety of games and want to get more into PC gaming and playing some of the newer games.
I want to be able to play Crysis 2 and BFBC2 and the highest settings.
Other FPS's like COD4 and CounterStrike are gonna be games I play also, but the latter 2 games will surely run fine if I choose a GPU capable of doing the former.
Also, definitely going to want to run Battlefield 3 once it gets released and other future games.
I am also very interested in running Starcraft 2 and some other games in that nature.

As for monitor setups, I currently use dual monitors, both at 1920x1080.
But I definitely want to allow myself to expand to a eyefinity monitor setup in the future.

So to sum it up, I want to be able to run the latest games at the highest quality and I'm running dual monitors at 1920x1080 each.
But I do want some headroom for future games and a upgraded display setup (eyefinity, 2560x1600 monitors, etc)

Anyway, on the actual GPU.

I have had my eye on the MSI Twin Frozr III 6950. From what I know, there is no flashing to 6970 or unlocking on this card as there is no Dual Bios switch. But instead the ability to overclock the card.

I just want to know your guys thoughts on wheter this card is a good card for MY needs.
I also want to be able to CF in the future.

Thanks

BTW, I'm definitely still an amateur when it comes to this stuff, so I apologize if I am saying something that isn't right. PLEASE feel free to correct me. :)