Gaming RIG:15 August 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

n4v1n

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Hey Guys,

How r u? Hope you are all fine.....

I'm building my self a new gaming rig with very tight hand (As much costlier in India then US). Need expertise suggestion from you guys for my new RIG.

New 3rd generation core processors supports 1600mhz RAM, but i want more future proof system (5 years) as ASUS Maximus supports 2800 OC, so suggest me best available RAM more MHz with best timings(don't know what they are or do) for good $$.

I have planned below spex:

Processor:i7 3770k for 375$ (In India) BOUGHT ALREADY
MoBo: Asus Maximus V Gene (Looking forward to get this) $306
Cabinet: Corsair Carbide 500R (White One) $126 BOUGHT ALREADY
Memory: Please Suggest @ Low Price with High MHz(Corsair is very good but pricey)
Storage: Have Segate 2TB HD Storage/ Not interested in SSD
Display: Acer LED 23" 1920x1080 $180 BOUGHT ALREADY
Graphics Card: Have (Friend's) Zotac 560GTX, 660 GTX is in mind to get.

Solution
G
Tested Voltage 1.65V

that would be out of specs for an sandy ivy bridge cpu. the voltage needs to be 1.5

and anything past 1600 RAM is unnecessary because it will not give you any real word performance increase.

in a few years it will be DDR4 RAM so don't worry about "future proofing"

Newt5

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
Your i7 3770k will support RAM at up to speeds of 3200 mhz, your mobo will max out at 2800 mhz, and the fastest ram on the market is Corsair's Dominator Platinum (http://www.ramexperts.com/corsair-dominator-platinum-series-16gb-4-x-4gb-ddr3-dram-2400mhz-pc3-19200-c9-memory-kit-for-ddr3-systems.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&gclid=CJPCv7iP6bECFQdjTAod3TIAUw) 2400 mhz RAM, which is pretty awesome to look at on a screen, but not even close to worth buying at that price. But as long as you get the right kind of RAM, you can't really go wrong. I'd go for a nice 1866 mhz CL7 8gb kit.

Hope you have lots and lots of fun with your new rig.

n4v1n

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012

Thnx Newt5, You really helped me alot.(Sorry for late response, Net was down in my town)

But what about http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=511, Its fast n cheap.

G

Tested Voltage 1.65V

that would be out of specs for an sandy ivy bridge cpu. the voltage needs to be 1.5

and anything past 1600 RAM is unnecessary because it will not give you any real word performance increase.

in a few years it will be DDR4 RAM so don't worry about "future proofing"

Solution
G

For you memory I suggest getting a 16gb (4x4 or 8x2) DDR3. That should be able to handle just about anything you could throw at it playing a game. Your processor should handle pretty well aswell. I would just be worried about your GPU, don't be shy to upgrade it if you want to play some heavy games.

Status
Not open for further replies.