For Gaming Amd FX4100 Zambezi vs Amd Phenom 2 X4

Which will one will give u better performance for gaming?
12 answers Last reply
More about gaming fx4100 zambezi phenom
  1. It depends on the Phenom II X4. The 980 BE is the fastest and it's more expensive.
  2. i am planning on overclocking so either the 955 be or the 965 be
  3. The 955 BE can probably overclock as high as the 965 BE.
  4. but really no matter which x4 i pick, would i outperform the bulldozer?
  5. In general, if the clock rate is the same, the Phenom II X4 will beat out the FX-4xxx. I do not know if you can overclock the FX-4100 high enough to overcome the clock efficiency advantage the Phenom II X4 has.
  6. argueta789 said:
    but really no matter which x4 i pick, would i outperform the bulldozer?

Only if you pick a 955 BE or faster X4 processor.
  7. Ok , is it worth the money buying a 965? over the 955?
  8. According to most people who bought them, a 955 BE can overclock to the same frequency that can be reached with a 965 BE. Not all CPUs are equal; when testing it, Tom's couldn't overclock a 965 BE more than 400 MHz and have it stable and cool enough.
  9. I just purchased the fx-4100 @ 4,6ghz
    my previous setup was a 965 be @ 3,9ghz

well that looks rly sweet, and in amd overdrive benchy i score rougly 2k more than the old setup

but i must say it dosnt perform well according to 3dmark vantage or 11 if i can use that to compare.
    im a gamer so would like a increase here!!

vantage dropped from 13k'ish to 10k*ish (no psychx here)
    this is the cpu score:

3dmark 11 whent down aprox 300points in total score

but hey i prolly just need a win8 or something :D
  10. nonchalant said:
    I just purchased the fx-4100 @ 4,6ghz
    my previous setup was a 965 be @ 3,9ghz

well that looks rly sweet, and in amd overdrive benchy i score rougly 2k more than the old setup

but i must say it dosnt perform well according to 3dmark vantage or 11 if i can use that to compare.
    im a gamer so would like a increase here!!

vantage dropped from 13k'ish to 10k*ish (no psychx here)
    this is the cpu score:

3dmark 11 whent down aprox 300points in total score

but hey i prolly just need a win8 or something :D
    You probably didn't check gaming benchmark results before buying. You should enjoy reading http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20111014103632_AMD_Expects_Windows_8_to_Boost_Performance_of_AMD_FX_Chips.html and http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8150-zambezi-bulldozer-990fx,3043-23.html
  11. well just got it for some fun/testing myself, working in a pc store so i could just return it and go for the 1100t or something just for the lolz and return to it when win 8 makes it
  12. For gaming the 1100T wouldn't necessarily be better.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Performance Phenom AMD Gaming