Sign in with
Your question

P8Z77 - V Boot Device LED Problem

Last response: in Motherboards
August 15, 2012 7:24:51 AM

So I just bought a bunch of computer parts to throw together for a friend, but I ran into an issue when finally trying to turn it on...

The motherboard goes through its standard system check up and when it hits the last light on the motherboard, the "boot_device_LED", it beeps five times and stays constant. There is no visual on the monitor to help me out here, the only thing I have to go off of is the beeps and the light.

I've made sure everything is connected properly and I've kinda ran into a wall here trying to get this work. Does anyone have any ideas? thanks a guys.

Processor: i5-3550 lga1155 3.30GHz
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V
Video Card: EVGA GTX 480
Ram: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz (2x4gb)
HHD: Western Digital wd10eurx
Power Supply: Aztec 750 watts
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 4:50:04 PM

Can you get into bios? If you can't get into bios but get a positive signal for the monitor you might need to reseat your processor. Have you gone into bios to see if the hdd is showing up there? Which bios is it running AMI? If it isn't showing up in bios maybe you could try a different sata connector? What do you have as the first boot device? USB for the OS install or Optical drive or hhd? Are all the parts new? Might be a bad video card if you're not getting a signal.

On a silly note - make sure your keyboard is plugged in properly and there is nothing sitting on one of the keys. Switch out the keyboard.
m
l
August 16, 2012 6:09:05 PM

I cannot get into the bios, the screen isn't receiving a signal. I'll try a different sata connector, and all these parts are brand new.
m
l
Related resources
August 16, 2012 6:17:02 PM

Sounds good I'll check this out when I get home.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 6:17:30 PM

If your not getting any signal and everything else looks like it's doing what it's supposed to then follow the link under my sig for boot with no video link and follow those steps. Only skip the ones that don't apply, not the ones you THINK you already have covered. Hopefully it will just be something simple that was overlooked.
m
l
August 17, 2012 4:04:55 AM

Okay I went through the check list and everything is now displaying, now i'm installing Windows 7 on here. Thank you so much for your help!!

One little tiny problem now, it is saying that the CPU fan isn't on / disabled.... although I can see that the fan is clearly running. What could be causing that issue??
m
l
August 17, 2012 5:27:37 AM

Oh silly me i put the 4 prong thing in the one next to the CPU fan and the error went away. Well everything is working now! Thanks for your help guys!
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 17, 2012 10:28:48 AM

Congrats! I'm glad everything is working now. That's a great link isn't it? I hope you friend enjoys his new toy.
m
l
December 29, 2013 2:07:01 PM

Hey, I am having the same problem you were having and was wondering what step you had done wrong from the link suteck linked you.
Thanks
m
l
!