Sign in with
Your question

LCD-LED Television or Monitor?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 13, 2011 3:32:58 AM

Hi. I recently purchased an absolutely amazing computer from cyberpowerpc. I ordered the computer without a monitor, and decided I'd just reuse a dell monitor from my 4 year-old computer. I'm looking at either getting a new HD monitor to use for gaming or a 32" LED-LCD Vizio television to use as my monitor as well. The TV would replace a 13" tube TV I've had for at least a decade in my room. I also plan to use the computer and "monitor" for gaming, specifically World of Warcraft--and Star Wars: The Old Republic later this year.

What do you guys think? 32" 1080p 120Hz LCD-LED Vizio for $498.00 or a 22-24" Acer/Asus/HP monitor for $170+? Any recommendations/thoughts? I have a Sam's Club membership by the way, which contributes to some of these prices being quite cheap.

Thanks!
a b C Monitor
June 13, 2011 3:39:56 AM

A 32" 1080p HDTV would be fine for gaming but I doubt you will enjoy using it as a monitor. For monitors 1080p is appropriate for about 21-25". Above that text and images will start to look a bit blurry because of the low pixels per inch.
This is a good page to keep an eye on if you are shopping for a monitor;
http://www.logicbuy.com/subcategorydeals/13/Computers/3...
!