Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Graphical "artifacts" HELP!! (with picture)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 13, 2011 3:36:39 AM

Hey guys I just built a new gaming rig and everything has been running fine until randomly I started getting these streaks from objects on screen.. People are saying its an over heating issue, but its a brand new card and everything else... This bug appears on EVERY ONE of my games, even on 3dmark. It only does this on games though, videos are fine, flash games are fine. Lowering graphics doesnt really change anything either. Maybe my card is defective? Let me know what you guys the think the problem is.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/2011061200004j...

Please someone help! I need to get my game on! lol

SIDENOTE: On my browser there is also which looks to be "scratches on text". For example there are letters but pixels are missing from some of them... REALLY weird. Also, I have up to date drivers so it isnt that, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing.

specs:
I7 6 core 3.2ghz
windows 7
6144mb ram
AMD RAdeon 6800 HD Series

help!! D: D:
June 13, 2011 4:25:15 AM

justingajer said:
Hey guys I just built a new gaming rig and everything has been running fine until randomly I started getting these streaks from objects on screen.. People are saying its an over heating issue, but its a brand new card and everything else... This bug appears on EVERY ONE of my games, even on 3dmark. It only does this on games though, videos are fine, flash games are fine. Lowering graphics doesnt really change anything either. Maybe my card is defective? Let me know what you guys the think the problem is.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/163/2011061200004j...

Please someone help! I need to get my game on! lol

SIDENOTE: On my browser there is also which looks to be "scratches on text". For example there are letters but pixels are missing from some of them... REALLY weird. Also, I have up to date drivers so it isnt that, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing.

specs:
I7 6 core 3.2ghz
windows 7
6144mb ram
AMD RAdeon 6800 HD Series

help!! D: D:

Hello. Thoughs look like direct draw issues. Click start and type run, open run and type "dxdiag" without the quotes.
Then up the top click on the display tab. then where it says directx features turn all of them on. Then goto desktop, right
click and select screen resolution. now click on advanced settings. when the dialog box appears, click on the troubleshoot
tab. then click change sttings and move slider all the way to the right of screen. if the change settings is greyed out then
dont worry about that. Also try updating or reinstalling directx and your graphics driver.

Hope i helped. Also personaly i think it may be your graphics driver needs to updated. i will paste a link for you but
first i need to know if you have 64-bit or 32-bit?

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
June 13, 2011 4:26:13 AM

I would try firmly reseating the card, and it's power input(s)....

Normally, seeing bogus colored pixels/streaks during games occurs when the card is OC'd, indicating mem is clocked too high, or, in your case, perhaps the card merely has bad/marginal memory on the GPU....

Is also possible the cards input supply voltages are marginal, as well, as certain GPUs require certain amperage on assorted supply rails.....

Next step will be to test that card in another computer....if it is a bad card, the prob should easily follow the card.
Related resources
June 13, 2011 4:29:39 AM

64 bit... and it wont let change setting in the troubleshoot tab.. it's all greyed out
a c 146 U Graphics card
June 13, 2011 3:04:11 PM

If the card is in warranty, replace it. If not, try to slightly underclock it, go by 10mhz steps or something, see if the defects go away.
June 14, 2011 5:59:16 AM

ok. i dont think it is overclocked because i had a nvidia card that was NOT overclocked and had similar problems with it. although it was nvidia it may be the same problem. try this http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win...

click on where it says induvidual drivers only and download your driver. boot in safe mode and uninstall it then restart in normal mode and install the driver. also install the latest directx. if you dont want to download it then just install it off one of your latest games or from microsoft.com/directx. if this doesnt work then try this. Download rivatuner and downclock the memory a little bit. like mdd1963 said. it may be to high.
also like hang-the-9 said if the card has a warranty then just replace it wich would be easier.

i reinstalled my driver and it was fixed.
June 24, 2011 7:46:15 AM

Best answer selected by justingajer.
!