I would like to mention that this is going to be my first build. I plan to have some live coaching during my building process. I just want be clear that Adobe Design Standard CS5.5 in not for video editing or anything like that; rather it is about using InDesign. I got the following system requirements from Adobe:
* Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor
* Microsoft® Windows® XP with Service Pack 3; Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 2; or Windows 7
* 1GB of RAM or more recommended
* 7.7GB of available hard-disk space for installation; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
* 1024x768 display (1280x800 recommended) with qualified hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics card, 16-bit color, and 256MB of VRAM
* Some GPU-accelerated features require graphics support for Shader Model 3.0 and OpenGL 2.0
* Some features in Adobe Bridge rely on a DirectX 9–capable graphics card with at least 64MB of VRAM
* DVD-ROM drive compatible with dual-layer DVDs
I was hoping a member had built a system or two for CS5.5 and my question(s) would not be too big of a drag on their time.
The build below has your budget maxed out, but would be a nice machine for what you are after. For Adobe work, look for a high number of cuda cores. The GTX 570 could be swapped out for a GTX 470 or GTX 560 ti if you need to cut costs a little. Also, you listed maybe under running multiple GPUs (SLI)... The Asus board below is for a single GPU at 16x. If SLI is really something you are after, the MB will ned to be changed to the P8P67 Pro or another board with two faster PCIe slots.