Sign in with
Your question

Slightly high aux temperature

Last response: in Motherboards
August 15, 2012 2:54:20 PM

Hi.

My auxtin temperature ( aux on speedfan, auxtin on CPUID hardware monitor) reads sometimes slightly high temperatures.
Not talking about +100C ( which would probably mean its false info ). Im talking about 30-90C. Aprox. 55C.

My specs are
Intel core i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz
Asrock z77 pro3
gtx 670
green flower 500w
rosewill challenger u-3

Also, aux is commonly attached to audio input etc. I have m-audio usb interface. When its on big load, aux doesn't rise dramatically tho.

Thanks for help!
August 15, 2012 2:57:56 PM

should i be worried? also cpu cooler scyther mugen 3
August 16, 2012 1:10:16 PM

Any advice??
a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 2:17:32 PM

I wouldn't worry about it. 50*C isn't all that high for a computer component. What are you doing when it reaches 90*C? The overclock most likely has a lot to do with it. When you start increasing the voltages on different components or on things like vtt it has an effect on other components. If you have your overclocked settings saved in the bios I would reset to default and see if it makes a difference. If it does then at least you know why it's happening. If it doesn't then you haven't lost anything. You might try taking the side off the case for a better airflow just to see if that bring the temps down. If so then maybe some more/better/higher CFM fans are in order.
!