Sign in with
Your question

Last night I used my Xbox 360 controller on my pc [...]

Last response: in Components
November 14, 2011 6:56:40 PM

for the first time. It worked great! Now, the next day, my 360 controller won't connect to my pc and I can't figure out what to do. Can someone help?

EDIT: I'm on an Acer laptop, using Windows 7. The controller is wired.
November 14, 2011 7:05:17 PM

only suggestion I have is unplug and plug back in..also I find it can be finicky if you use a different USD port. I feel like I had the same experience once but then it was fine.
m
l
November 14, 2011 7:08:45 PM

Well, last night, we used it on a desktop (which is also an acer and running win 7) and we were playing Skyrim. Then we switched it over to a laptop to play Overlord. Now it won't work on either computer. I've unplugged it and plugged it back in several times and even just let it sit there plugged in. It won't connect, but it registers that it's been plugged in because it does the initial light up when we plug it into the port.
m
l
Related resources
November 14, 2011 7:17:55 PM

Did you try removing the drivers and completely re-installing the device?

Make certain you're plugging it into a USB port with enough electricity to do the job. Just because it lights up doesn't mean the whole thing is getting enough juice, try all of your USB ports

I only have experience with my Microsoft Wireless Receiver for Windows as well as my PS3 controller (plugged in + third party drivers) but I will try to help with your situation
m
l
November 14, 2011 9:23:00 PM

ch3rok33jo3 said:
Did you try removing the drivers and completely re-installing the device?

Make certain you're plugging it into a USB port with enough electricity to do the job. Just because it lights up doesn't mean the whole thing is getting enough juice, try all of your USB ports

I only have experience with my Microsoft Wireless Receiver for Windows as well as my PS3 controller (plugged in + third party drivers) but I will try to help with your situation

I was thinking of removing the drivers and re-installing the device, but sadly I do not know how. I also don't know how to judge what ports have enough juice for the job.

I have very little knowledge of computers.
m
l
!