case for Asus A7V - AMD T-bird 1.1ghz ?

G

this is my first system to put together... i have ordered the mother board, cpu and ram. i now need a good ATX case. im not usre if all ATX cases are the same or what. is there a special case that i should look for in reguards to my mother board or are all ATX cases the same inside? i am also planning to have a dvd drive as well as a cd-rw what power supply should i look for.

please be as verbose as possible for my sake. i am NEW to this:)

jeffg007

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Tornado case baby! It is the easiest case to work in. It has a slide out motherboard tray and 4 case fans. Get the 300w power supply. It is ATHLON COMPATIBLE!
<A HREF="http://www.3dcool.com/tornado1000.shtml" target="_new">http://www.3dcool.com/tornado1000.shtml</A>

Jeff

G

I don´t know where you are from and what cases are available, but i recently bought an Aopen HQ08 Bigtower Case which has a 300Watt power supply. You can slide out the motherboard and AGP/PCI cards at once, you don´t have to take out all the cards first. it has three 5,25" inch places, one 3,5" and 7 places for harddrives. it is well manufactured and has no sharp edges. It looks cool (i have the aquamarine colored version) and is very solid. there are three extra places for 8x8 cm fans.
My girlfriend has the miditower version, the HQ45, you can´t slide out the motherboard here, but it is still a very nice case. This has a 250Watt power supply, perhaps you can get a 300Watt with it too, but i don´t know that for sure..
They are affordable too! Take a look at Aopens site! (www.aopen.com)

G

Ok, last reply..

The LX45E does have the slide out motherboard panel...

G

the other part of my question was, is there a particular case that would best suit the a7v card or does it just need somekind of atx case?

G

no, thats junk... one spill of a water bottle and thats about it. thanks for the help though... now i know what _not_ to do, build my own.