Upgrading my GPU

G

Hello,

At the moment i'm using a Radeon x1950 PRO which is, i have to say, pretty old and running on legacy drivers

I'm interested in replacing it with a newer Nvidia model, but i'm not sure which one, as i dont really want a "better" graphics card, just something a lot more updated and modern(an extra kick wouldn't hurt of course)

Current specs are
Core2Duo 2,13ghz
2gb DDR2 ram
Radeon x1950Pro

Looking for something in the 80-100 dollar price range

(and i'm terribad with computers)

G

The price and specs look awesome, but ATI's drivers are... eh... a headache, that's why i'd rather get an Nvidia card

Are there any Nvidia equivalents ? the 4xx series ?

G

This has been of great help, but one last question if i may,

I noticed there are a lot of different speed settings

One is memory interface, noticed most of them are 128(is there a big difference in 128/256 ?)
And then there's the Memory/Core clock speeds, which parameters should i be on the lookout for most ? Or it doesen't really matter with the old setup i am with atm?

Big thanks in advance

Specs really mean absolutely nothing. When picking a card, you want to look at benchmarks; usually the games you play. But we've already narrowed it down to pretty much 2 cards and any differences in those is minute so picking the lowest price would be the best option.

I'm not a fan of amd, but ever since they took over ati the drivers are somewhat better. Of course the old legacy ati drivers are still trash.