Sign in with
Your question

"nvidia windows kernel mode driver stopped working"

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 13, 2011 7:39:19 PM

I have recently noticed that I get this message, "nvidia windows kernel mode driver stopped working but has recovered" at randoms times when I play games or am simply browsing the web. I have also noticed that games tend to freeze or have graphical glitches such as solid color pixalation. I have tried many things to fix this including changing the memory timings in the BIOS, tried updating drivers and using older driver builds deleting any of Nvidia's HD audio drivers, cleaning out dust from the card as well as the power supply and CPU fans, making sure that nothing is overheating, running memtest to see any errors, and many other things that I don't remember at the moment. I have also tried talking to reps from both nvidia and evga for advice but neither has been able to help me. I have tried testing an older card that I still have but I continued to get the same errors. Unfortunately I do not have another power supply to test out with my current drive so I am at a loss as two what to do. Does the fact that this problem indicate that the graphics card is not the problem? Is there some way of testing to see if the power supply or the moboard is faulty or dieing?

specs:
intel 3.0GHz quad core (a few weeks old)
evga geforce 460 gtx (a few months old)
Penryn1600SLI-110dB moboard (at least 2 years old)
BFG Tech BFGR650PSU Power Supply (at least two years old)
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM (at least two years old)
Windows 7 Ultimate
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
July 26, 2011 7:38:01 PM

Hi,

I have the same issue. Tried all as you, but the same result.... seems, that issue is somewhere in W7 - looks like ALL have W7 64..
it is not hardware issue. I am almost sure.

I have 2 PCs

one is BIOSTAR i7 and second Intel i5. only thing in common is W7 64...

notasandwich said:
I have recently noticed that I get this message, "nvidia windows kernel mode driver stopped working but has recovered" at randoms times when I play games or am simply browsing the web. I have also noticed that games tend to freeze or have graphical glitches such as solid color pixalation. I have tried many things to fix this including changing the memory timings in the BIOS, tried updating drivers and using older driver builds deleting any of Nvidia's HD audio drivers, cleaning out dust from the card as well as the power supply and CPU fans, making sure that nothing is overheating, running memtest to see any errors, and many other things that I don't remember at the moment. I have also tried talking to reps from both nvidia and evga for advice but neither has been able to help me. I have tried testing an older card that I still have but I continued to get the same errors. Unfortunately I do not have another power supply to test out with my current drive so I am at a loss as two what to do. Does the fact that this problem indicate that the graphics card is not the problem? Is there some way of testing to see if the power supply or the moboard is faulty or dieing?

specs:
intel 3.0GHz quad core (a few weeks old)
evga geforce 460 gtx (a few months old)
Penryn1600SLI-110dB moboard (at least 2 years old)
BFG Tech BFGR650PSU Power Supply (at least two years old)
Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM (at least two years old)
Windows 7 Ultimate

m
l
Related resources
!