No internet ConnectioLAN connected

phatus

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
good day..
i have a problem my pc is connected to a network which is the network is consist of 5 pc's and the connection is DSL, the DSL is connected to the switch and also the pc's... i net view the LAN and its normal i can see the other pc and access it in the network, im in the right workgroup, but when i open IE ir Firefox it cant connect to internet "page cannot be displayed" i tried the following troubleshoot:

1st try: i was thinking theres a virus so i fullscan my pc and install winsock... still the effect is the same the status is connected but i cant connect to internet when i open browser either firefox or IE.

2nd try: when im sure the its clean and no virus, i tried to reinstall the networkadpter but still the same "page cannot be displayed" but connected on the network.

3rd try: i formatted my pc installed all drivers and after same effect again cannot connect in the internet "page cannot be displayed"

4th and final try: i thought that theres something wrong in the network cable.. so i buy new rj45 with the netowork cable and still the same "page cannot be displayed".

what my be the problem? anyone can help e solve this...
by the way all pc have internet connection except my pc... i can ping other pc and i also tried to ping www.yahoo.com its ok theres a reply but in the browser i cant connect either IE or Firefox....

by

thanks for the help....the way theres no ip s automatically detected because the DSL is connected in the SWITCH.

phatus

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
what is NIC? the DNS server is obtained automatically like the ip address.. all the pc in the network set up like this but they can connect and i cant this is the firt time i experience this...

phatus

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
i think no one because we dont use router we only use switch D-Link Fast Ethernet. and right nowi just formatted my pc and its virus free and malware free. but still the same output the ie browser and firefox can connect but i can ping any website in dos mode...

we have 5 pc here in the office including my pc... the 4 pc workmallyexcept my pc... any i dea what might be the problem is?...

Do all your computers use PUBLIC or LOCAL IPs? How about testing the IP?

Look up the IP info of one of the other computers, turn it off, and assign it to your PC. See if you can access the internet using an IP you know that is able to browse the internet.

Have you talked to your ISP?

phatus

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
have no idea i think local ip's because all the internet protocol (TCP/IP) settings are all the same they are all automatically detected.... IP and DSN... i really cant find the problem here...

See if you can access the internet using an IP you know that is able to browse the internet.>>> yes i know that if you can ping a website in the cmd then you can browse it to the browser right? but in my case i cant browse it in my browser... if the problem is in the ISP why i am only one affected in our LAN? i tried to connect my lan cable to other socket in the switch but still the same problem occur....

dEAne

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
There are technologies you have to consider when you want your home net to be connected to the internet. Some you can set the IP address automatically some don't. The switch hub is a way of connecting pc including the net. Check your ISP if you are allowed to do this with a switch hub or with a router, they will give you details on that. One way of checking things is to go to the Control Panel (In Windows),click on Network and Internet, click on Network and Sharing Center, here you will have an idea where you are connected.