Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cant access bios

Last response: in Motherboards
August 16, 2012 7:52:29 AM

Hello,

I have a ASRock z68 Gen3 Extreme3.

I called ASRock to ask if I can disable usb legacy without any problems to fix a game (max payne 1). I even asked if doing this will still allow me to access the BIOS with no problems and the guy on the phone said yes. So I disable USB legacy and now I can not access the BIos..... Very unfortunate.

So I was wondering how I can access the BIOS? Some people said use a ps/2 keyboard but how is that possible when my motherboard doesnt have a connection for that? Can it be enabled through the installation CD?

Thanks!

More about : access bios

a b V Motherboard
August 16, 2012 7:59:09 AM

your best bet is going to be reset the bios to defaults. your motherboard manual will tell you how to do this, should be listed as "clear cmos." or you can remove your bios battery, unplug your computer from the wall outlet and push your power button a few times, doing this will also reset your password.
m
l
August 17, 2012 12:10:52 AM

flank21 said:
your best bet is going to be reset the bios to defaults. your motherboard manual will tell you how to do this, should be listed as "clear cmos." or you can remove your bios battery, unplug your computer from the wall outlet and push your power button a few times, doing this will also reset your password.

Well I cleared the CMOS and now the computer wont boot up. And yes I cleared it when everything was off. Whats going on??
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
August 17, 2012 1:19:58 AM

I am unfamiliar with that board, but the pics I've seen do show a PS/2 socket. I have legacy disabled so I keep an old wired keyboard around just so I can access BIOS.
m
l
August 17, 2012 2:24:28 AM

Max Collodi said:
I am unfamiliar with that board, but the pics I've seen do show a PS/2 socket. I have legacy disabled so I keep an old wired keyboard around just so I can access BIOS.

Well I cant go back and do that now the computer wont boot up :/ 
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
August 17, 2012 5:40:41 AM

chaldo26 said:
Well I cleared the CMOS and now the computer wont boot up. And yes I cleared it when everything was off. Whats going on??

how did you clear it? if you used a jumper you need to make sure you put it back in its original position.
August 17, 2012 5:42:04 AM

flank21 said:
how did you clear it? if you used a jumper you need to make sure you put it back in its original position.

From the Clear CMOS button the back of the computer. I even tried taking the battery out for 5 min.
m
l
August 27, 2012 2:06:15 AM

Best answer selected by chaldo26.
m
l
!