Specs for AIW Radeon System

G

After 58.00 worth of ati phonecalls, and scouring of the boards, I've given up trying to make the AIW Radeon work with an Abit KA7 motherboard. Anybody out there have a fully functioning AIW Radeon system that would share the specs with me? I am considering an Intel 815EEAL board, but would like confirmation that it or another will get along with this card. It would be even better if the system also contained a Studio DV card.

Thanks in advance,
Dave Mallett

breed33

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I share a similar problem with my Asus A7V. I tried every fix I could find on this and ATI's website, but to no avail. It frustrated me so much that the AIW Rad. card worked flawlessly with my 440BX Asus P2B and a Celeron 400MHz that I decided to return my MB and exchange it for an Asus CUSL2. I decided to eat the value of the 1GHz Athlon, perhaps sell it on Ebay, and buy a new Intel processor.

A gentleman I work with just bought the AIW and the Asus CUSL2 board. He said it works great together. It supports my experience with my own Celeron.

I threw in the towel. I hope you have better luck with yours.

Brian

G

Many thanks. I will check out the Asus and see if it will work for me. I've been happy with AMD, but can't see any way out of this one other than waiting on ATI...not promising.

Dave

G

Right now I have the Asus A7V motherboard with a 750 T-Bird.
At first I have a lot of problems (I later found that some are related to windows). Before making any assumpsions you should try a few things. First off, you should dowload the latest 4 in 1 drivers for the VIA chipset. Next you should make sure that Microsoft WEB TV is installed. After doing these two things I was able to get the card (though not all of the 3rd party--Gemstar--software to work)