Motherboards compatible with fx 4100

maddawgkilla

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2011
hey guys,

i am a bit confused on how the amd cpus socket system works and which mobos are compatible with them...
so could anyone tell me what do u look for in a motherboard which tells u if it is compatible with a particular cpu.

thnx.

You need am3+ boards for the 4100. Before ordering any board, check the "cpu support" section on the webpage for your motherboard and bios file required. Here's one example: http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A99X_EVO/. When you click on "cpu support" at this link, you'll see the fx4100 requires bios file 0705. You may need an older cpu to flash the bios before the 4100 will work; newegg carries new stock and has a high turnover so it's boards may have the latest bios file. I recommend you purchase there if possible.

loneninja

Distinguished

No, it's and Intel board, socket 1156 to be exact. AMD chips have different sockets, they aren't compatible with each other, you need a socket AM3+ motherboard. Funny thing is most 1156 processors are faster than the FX4100 :lol:

AMD's FX series are their slow series. Get the phenom II series if you want it to be moderately fast.

:eek: HAHAHA, very funny. For a start INTEL motherboards only work with INTEL CPU's. If you do have an intel cpu already then an AMD FX cpu is a downgrade. My god when are people going to understand that these AMD FX cpu's are not good! when lord....WHHEEENNNNNN!!!!!!!!! :pt1cable: