Twisted Rune battle

Last response: in Video Games
September 27, 2004 6:23:14 AM

I have some fond memories of the Twisted Rune battle.

Jumped into it first time with a lower-level party not knowing what to
expect and got wiped out completely. Couldnt believe what I saw in that
room!

Came back much later and still had to replay that fight several times for
all my party members to survive the fight.

That was an awesome fight and one of the most memorable RPG battles ever!

More about : twisted rune battle

September 27, 2004 12:22:12 PM

Mark Haslam wrote:

> For me the best battle (or worst, depending on how you look at it)
> happened not long after coming out of the underdark....

BRAVO! Ripping good tale!

September 27, 2004 4:45:16 PM

> I have some fond memories of the Twisted Rune battle.
>
> Jumped into it first time with a lower-level party not knowing what to
> expect and got wiped out completely. Couldnt believe what I saw in that
> room!

Heh. My first time into that room (was at the clueless low level too), I
don't even get to see the whole room - and don't even know there's an
Beholder back there until I return much later... the whole group was
eradicated at the entrance.

; )
Anonymous
September 27, 2004 4:45:17 PM

More 'what the hell!?' than the final WK seal?

S.
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 2:23:51 AM

John Kimantas wrote:

> Good story, Mark. I usually load the quick save long before I get into
> near that much trouble. Maybe next time I'll let everyone die and see
> what happens. It sounds like fun!

Thanks. A nice side effect of living with your mistakes is that it
forces you to change playing style. That was the first time I used
Haerdalis and I even used Cernd (hey I ran out of clerics okay, don't
look at me like that).

Mark.
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 2:30:21 AM

Enkidu wrote:

> Mark Haslam wrote:
>
>> For me the best battle (or worst, depending on how you look at it)
>> happened not long after coming out of the underdark....
>

> BRAVO! Ripping good tale!

Thank you. Really though I think it just means I've played this game
too damn much. Posting is sort of like a support group of another kind.

"Hello, my name is Mark and I haven't played a game of BG2 in 3 months"
!