DaveT

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I am the only account on my machine - so when the logon screen appears, there is
only my account as an option.

However, it then boots into some alien setup (which takes an absolute age!)
which bears no resemblance to my setup. If I then logout and re-login as me,
everything (quickly) returns to normal.

Any clues out there?

DaveT

"DaveT" wrote:

> I am the only account on my machine - so when the logon screen appears, there is
> only my account as an option.
>
> However, it then boots into some alien setup (which takes an absolute age!)
> which bears no resemblance to my setup. If I then logout and re-login as me,
> everything (quickly) returns to normal.
>
> Any clues out there?

Not sure what is meant by "alien setup". :)

Let it boot to the desktop and right click the Taskbar and click Task Manager. Select the Users tab. What user is shown there?

You might also want to perform a full system scan with your up to date anti-virus program.

Ronnie Vernon
Microaoft MVP
Windows Shell/User