Intel Core i7 930 w/mobo MSI x58 Pro-E = Running Slow. Help me please anyone.

Hello,
Hi and Good day sir/mam.

Anyone can help me. I have a problem on my MSI x58 Pro-E with Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.8 ghz proc. When im using photoshop or any other application, my computer running slow, sometimes freeze. When i tried to run the CPU-Z the core speed only shows around @ 1600 mhz. Should i change any setting in BIOS to fix this? What should i do to fix this?? sorry for my bad ENGLISH :(

Help me please.

Thank you and God Bless.
3 answers Last reply
More about intel core mobo running slow anyone
  1. at 1600mhz the speed stepping or halt state is activated, go to the bios and turn off C1E hault state, also turn off turbo boost for now, and turn off C1/C3 states or deactivate the option

but your computer shouldnt freeze.. what is the reported voltage from CPU-Z (after you turn off the halt state that is, i need a 2.8ghz voltage)
  2. kd0frg said:
    at 1600mhz the speed stepping or halt state is activated, go to the bios and turn off C1E hault state, also turn off turbo boost for now, and turn off C1/C3 states or deactivate the option

but your computer shouldnt freeze.. what is the reported voltage from CPU-Z (after you turn off the halt state that is, i need a 2.8ghz voltage)

Hi sir, ok sir i will try this when im home after here in the office. Thank you so much for your answer and time sir. i will post the result or message you the result sir. thank you so much again.
  3. Sir, i got the 2.8 ghz right now. Thank you so much. But i still have a problem with my graphics, i always notice this. when i use ps cs5, the graphic performance is so lag/slow. I have Nvidia GeForce GT430 2gb ddr3. You think sir my video card have a problem, should i replace the vid card?

Thank you so much
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7 Intel MSI-Microstar