Sign in with
Your question

Intel Core i7 930 w/mobo MSI x58 Pro-E = Running Slow. Help me please anyone.

Last response: in CPUs
November 15, 2011 11:26:35 AM

Hello,
Hi and Good day sir/mam.

Anyone can help me. I have a problem on my MSI x58 Pro-E with Intel Core i7 930 @ 2.8 ghz proc. When im using photoshop or any other application, my computer running slow, sometimes freeze. When i tried to run the CPU-Z the core speed only shows around @ 1600 mhz. Should i change any setting in BIOS to fix this? What should i do to fix this?? sorry for my bad ENGLISH :( 

Help me please.

Thank you and God Bless.
November 15, 2011 12:23:31 PM

at 1600mhz the speed stepping or halt state is activated, go to the bios and turn off C1E hault state, also turn off turbo boost for now, and turn off C1/C3 states or deactivate the option

but your computer shouldnt freeze.. what is the reported voltage from CPU-Z (after you turn off the halt state that is, i need a 2.8ghz voltage)
m
l
November 15, 2011 12:43:56 PM

kd0frg said:
at 1600mhz the speed stepping or halt state is activated, go to the bios and turn off C1E hault state, also turn off turbo boost for now, and turn off C1/C3 states or deactivate the option

but your computer shouldnt freeze.. what is the reported voltage from CPU-Z (after you turn off the halt state that is, i need a 2.8ghz voltage)

Hi sir, ok sir i will try this when im home after here in the office. Thank you so much for your answer and time sir. i will post the result or message you the result sir. thank you so much again.
m
l
November 16, 2011 12:23:41 PM

Sir, i got the 2.8 ghz right now. Thank you so much. But i still have a problem with my graphics, i always notice this. when i use ps cs5, the graphic performance is so lag/slow. I have Nvidia GeForce GT430 2gb ddr3. You think sir my video card have a problem, should i replace the vid card?

Thank you so much
m
l
!