Sign in with
Your question

Asus 6850 two 6pin power supply connectors with 2 inputs each

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 14, 2011 5:19:51 AM

Hello,
I just bought a asus 6850 video card and it has 2 6pin power supply connectors.. each of these 6pin to Power supply cords has TWO inputs to the power supply. wtf? and the manual is a piece of ***, it is vague and only says 'hook up power supply if neccessary', saying nothing about if theres two of them
a b U Graphics card
June 14, 2011 6:30:00 AM

You need 2 6 pins to connect to it. There connectors that came with it are molex connectors if you do not have 1/2 6 pin than you would put the 2 molex in for the 6 pin to go in the card. It's pretty straight forward you should have at least looked at a reference picture if you had no idea what to do with the card.

Also what power supply do you have..
December 6, 2011 12:49:00 AM

mute20 said:
You need 2 6 pins to connect to it. There connectors that came with it are molex connectors if you do not have 1/2 6 pin than you would put the 2 molex in for the 6 pin to go in the card. It's pretty straight forward you should have at least looked at a reference picture if you had no idea what to do with the card.

Also what power supply do you have..

My PSU has a cable with 2 six pin connectors. However, the 6850 power connectors have the center 12 v pin removed on both inputs. I was wondering if I used the 2 six pin connectors from my PSU with the center 12 v pin in, would I run the risk of shorting something?

I could find no schematic either on the manual or the 'net.

Thanks,

ruraltexan
!