What motherboard to buy?

DomDaDude

Honorable
Aug 16, 2012
So my Acer Aspire (AM3910-E3512) 's motherboard died and my warranty expired. We've send it to the local repair shop and they said it would be quite hard to replace it and that they could replace it with another Acer motherboard but it would likely crash in the same timelapse than the first one. So now i only have my desktop and by the sticker on it, it says :

AM3910-E3512
Windows 7 Home Premieu 64-bit
Intel Core i3 processor 550
6 GB DDR3 memory
1TB Hard Drive
DVD-Super Multi drive
NVIDIA Geforce 315, 512 MB
Multi-in-One Media Card Reader
HDMI

So id like to know what slots i actually need and that kind of stuff or if the information isn't enough and i need to get the motherboard inside. If so at least give me a guide so that i can identify what i need. Thank you :D

sharkbyte5150

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
To replace the motherboard with the exact same one, you need the following info: Manufacturer, part or model number, serial number.

Or, reply with that info and someone can help you find a comparable replacement, but the guys in the shop should be able to do that for you anyhow.

**Keep in mind if you move to a different motherboard you'll most likely need a fresh install of OS. Otherwise, having to boot in safe mode and remove old drivers and load new ones is a bit of a project.**

hitesh12

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
You should be fine with any 1155 lga mobo. But I'm not sure as this is OEM.
Contact Acer if they have the exact mobo.
As sharkbyte5150 said gather that info too.

But it would be better to have a mobo with features of your choice instead of a replaced exact one.

DarkOutlaw

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012

Well since I own an Acer Aspire that is a laptop...I am obviously not going to think of Acer Aspire as a desktop. Do I claim to know everything, obviously not. Do I know you are a dick? Absolutely. Edit: And your 36? wow...

@OP - Your CPU is LGA 1156. It isn't really worth it, imo, to sink money into this desktop. Do you have any kind of a budget to work with? That is going to be the prime factor so we know what to work with.