mgrove91

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I recently installed a new copy of 64bit Win7 over my 32bit. I want to start this post by saying my 32bit ATI Radeon HD 6850 graphics drivers have been working completely fine for the last week.

After finishing the install, I installed my new 64bit drivers for the card and rebooted accordingly. I got a memory dump BSOD on restart. After trying many things (reinstalling windows from a clean format, safe mode, etc) the only thing that fixed it was uninstalling the graphics drivers.

What can I do to allow me to install the drivers AND boot up correctly..?

Thanks!

Win7 64bit
Athlon 64 X2 5600+
Radeon HD 6850
4GB DDR2 RAM
(in the midst of upgrading, that's why the 6850 is way out of place)

mgrove91

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I recently installed a new copy of 64bit Win7 over my 32bit. I want to start this post by saying my 32bit ATI Radeon HD 6850 graphics drivers have been working completely fine for the last week.

After finishing the install, I installed my new 64bit drivers for the card and rebooted accordingly. I got a memory dump BSOD on restart. After trying many things (reinstalling windows from a clean format, safe mode, etc) the only thing that fixed it was uninstalling the graphics drivers.

What can I do to allow me to install the drivers AND boot up correctly..?

Thanks!

Win7 64bit
Athlon 64 X2 5600+
Radeon HD 6850
4GB DDR2 RAM
(in the midst of upgrading, that's why the 6850 is way out of place)

mgrove91

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I'm using an older one but I can't believe that it would be a problem. It's the GA-MA69GM-S2H Gigabyte motherboard. Like I said, it worked fine with this card in 32bit but now 64bit is not working

Wolfshadw

Titan

Are you using a full version or upgrade version of 64-bit Windows 7?

-Wolf sends