Sudden DVI signal loss

Jayslee

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
I just got a new ASUS VG236 monitor today and everything worked fine when I plugged everything in but while I was downloading the latest nvidia drivers suddenly the screen turned black and the message "DVI no signal" popped up, I unplugged and plugged it back in again, changed the cable but it still doesn't work. I tried plugging my monitor into my old PC and it worked so it's not the monitors problem. I also tried plugging in my old DVI monitor which I've been using for 2 years for the same computer but it wouldn't detect that either. I'm using a new GTX 560Ti Any help would be appreciated

mohawkade

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2011
Mmmmh... a tricky problem indeed. See if you're still able to update the drivers, if the update doesn't help, then it might be a hardware problem that may require an RMA.

ska_one

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
I'm having a very similar problem, just not as persistent. ASUS VG236 monitor with an Nvidia GTX 560Ti also. I had two Samsung monitors before, and in the first four months I had my new computer I was using the DVI for one monitor and VGA for the other, no problems. When I switched to the ASUS the screen will suddenly go black and show "DVI: NO SIGNAL" then go into standby. When I try to bring it back I get nothing and have to reset the computer. It has happened four or five times in a month.

I'm currently using the BF3 Beta Nvidia drivers, and I had updated them at least two other times before that.